PDA

View Full Version : Interior Dash Too Shinny

Reddwarf
05-30-2006, 04:44 PM
I cleaned the dash of DW's mini-van. It's a Nissan with a big grey plastic dash. I used Meguiar's NXT Cockpit Shine. She complained that it made the dash to shinny and reflected badly in the windshield (windshield cleaned with Stoners).

What should I use that would be good for the interior dash without making a shine that reflects on the windshield?

FloridaNative
05-30-2006, 05:05 PM
You can remove that dressing with Simple Green and water and then use Meguiar's Instant Interior Detail Spray that won't leave any shine. Did you buff the NXT after applying it?

ScottB
05-30-2006, 06:12 PM
303 Protectant or Poorboys Natural Look for a matte sheen, or Megs Quik Interior Cleaner for cleaning with absolutely no finish.

Neothin
05-30-2006, 06:52 PM
the dp interior dressing has very little shine also

supercharged
05-30-2006, 07:33 PM
Stay away from NXT protectant, it's too shiny, it will reflect sunshine in your eyes, making it unsafe driving....303 protectant, Pinnacle vinyl and rubber will be your best choice.:cheers:

Reddwarf
05-30-2006, 07:38 PM
Thanks to everyone for the advice. I'll give some of these products a try.

Mike T
05-30-2006, 09:23 PM
I just tried PB's Natural Look for the 1st time yesterday. I tried it one of my wife's handbag's (Dooney & Burke). I we were pleased with the results as it darkened the leather a little masking spots from the fast environmental exposure of everyday use.
Second I went to work on the interiors of our cars. Application was pretty easy. I used a MF applicator(these are very handy)and squirted a little on the applicator and massaged it into the surface. A minute it later I went over the surfaces with a MF towel for a light buffing. My interior is quiet roomy. I couldn't be happier with the results and nice subtle shine. A step above matte.

wytstang
05-31-2006, 09:25 AM
I've treid 303 & Natural look and I like both as far as looks go (matte) the only down fall to 303 is the strong chemical smell.

Neothin
05-31-2006, 10:16 AM
DP's is bubblegum. It's like walking into a candy store everytime i go for a drive :D

SVTContour
05-31-2006, 04:16 PM
DP's is bubblegum. It's like walking into a candy store everytime i go for a drive :D

How long does the bubblegum smell of the DP product last for?

ScottB
05-31-2006, 05:13 PM
How long does the bubblegum smell of the DP product last for?

wipe a little on the top of your lip and you'll smell it for hours. :p Seriously, most protectants lose their scent within the first day or two.

belcherm58
05-31-2006, 05:27 PM
I bought 32oz of the DP on sale. Liked it so much I bought another 32oz.
I am set for a while. Low gloss amd a pleasant scent that is not strong
and fades after a few days but the matte shine is still there. It's also not bad
about drawing dust and some of the shiny stuff is. I do want to give the PB
NL a try as I like a lot of PB products. A lot swear by it.

Neothin
05-31-2006, 08:10 PM
i could smell the bubblegum scent this morning when i got into the car. It was faint, but you could tell that it was there.

I applied just about a week ago