PDA

View Full Version : WG deep gloss paint sealant w CCS

manman
07-27-2013, 08:10 PM
sorry if this is a dumb question- first time using this stuff and I just want to check. I'm using a CCS pad, and going by a rule of thumb someone said that they use about 4 pea sized drops for the whole car.

W/ the ccs pad vs flat it seems harder to get good coverage because it lays down kind of in splotches matching the bumps on the pad. I had to put a little extra on the pad to get full coverage on my hood, and by the time it was fully covered (or I guessed it was) the sealant was pretty much invisible. In the vids I've seen it leaves kind of a haze and you're supposed to wipe it in 45 min or so to see if it doesn't streak. Mine has no haze though, do I need more still? I was afraid maybe I worked it too long trying to get full coverage, but it wasn't really that long.

It's only been about 10 min, should the haze be there the whole time, or is 'flashing' when it hazes later on?

cleanmycorolla
07-27-2013, 08:29 PM
4 pea size drops for an entire car? What kind of car?

Thin is in as they say. There should be hazing, can you perform a swipe test? You can always apply two coats to ensure coverage. I think most folks do that. I know I do.

manman
07-27-2013, 09:16 PM
lol, sorry- that was supposed to say "for the whole hood".

It was hazed in some areas and some pretty clear, but I could feel it when I swiped. It all wiped off pretty easily and felt really slick, so I'm guess it worked. I was planning to top with wax, but I was just thinking maybe do a second coat anyway to make sure. The hood of my car has bulges and some hard angles so I might want to go over it with a coat by hand or smaller pad for the second coat.

mpkav
07-27-2013, 11:02 PM
it goes on very thin. Do the whole car and let it sit for 45 minutes. It should haze and come off super easy!! I don't necessarily think its law to do the 4 drops but just make sure its THIN!! WGDPS is one of my favorites!!

manman
07-27-2013, 11:10 PM
Yeah, I did 2 coats and made sure I got good coverage on the second coat. Both times came off great, and the hood is SUPER smooth now :xyxthumbs:

Thanks guys!