PDA

View Full Version : CG V7; what compares?

pld
07-27-2013, 12:19 PM
I'm running low on my cg v7 spray and wanted to know if there is other spray products out there that give the slickness and shine like v7 BUT CAN BE USED IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT because my black 2013 ram sport is kept outside. Thank's.

Christopher.Brown
07-27-2013, 12:40 PM
D156 can be used virtually anywhere...

not as shiny or slick but its durability is MUCH LONGER...

V7 loses effectiveness by 50% in 3 days, pretty much GONE in 7 from my tests

Shortspark
07-27-2013, 01:50 PM
I've heard AquaWax by Duragloss is very similar in appearance. Both are spray sealants although probably do their best work as "toppers" - sort of a QD without much cleaning ability but adds a bit of gloss and protection. I would never use AW, V7 or anything else for that matter in the sun. I know some Duragloss products along with a few other manufacturers (PoorBoys is an excellent example) say sun does not bother the application of some of their products but they must not be talking about my sun - a Texas sun in the middle of summer!! Maybe in upstate NY it will work but not here.

I have used AW a lot and like it both as a "topper" and as a drying aid. V7 is something I want to try and I ordered it just the other day - should be here early next week. I will be anxious to compare the two. However, V7 will have to beat the pants off of AW both in looks and durability as well as ease of application and versatility. The reason is that V7 costs much more than AW (price is a little better if you compare buying them by the gallon but most people buy bottles and AW is much, much cheaper that way). Give AW a try and compare yourself, I think you will be surprised at how well it performs. For under ten bucks a bottle you really can't go wrong.

inDetail
07-27-2013, 02:19 PM
There are many products on the market that compare. It's a spray sealant you have a lot of choices with spray waxes and sealants. Keep in mind that it's a spray sealant. It's meant as a topper over your LSP mainly to work with Black Light. It's primary use is meant to be used in between washes like a QD with some armor on to assist in slowing down the process of a LSP degrading.
I'm sure you can find a product close to V7. I'm a CG fan and plan on picking up some Glossworkz Glaze in the future but I'm going to go with a spray wax rather then a V7 when I do. Not because it's not a good product a spray wax will serve my client base better and I have the QD base covered with IUDJ.

silverfox
07-27-2013, 06:19 PM
D156. Nuff said.

cleanmycorolla
07-27-2013, 07:03 PM
IMO since V7 can be a QD too, it's hard to replace. 156 and Aquawax can't be QDs.

Purposebuilt
07-28-2013, 06:25 PM
I would only use v7 as a quick detailer, as much as they wanna say it has sealant paint blend NASA funded bullcrap technology.

As mentioned, it only lasts a week or so for any protection. Unless your car is in a museum. Most people who are "detailers" wash the vehicle at least once a week.

MarkD51
07-28-2013, 06:29 PM
IMO since V7 can be a QD too, it's hard to replace. 156 and Aquawax can't be QDs.

Please help me understand why AW can't be a QD?

That's how I've been basically using it.

cleanmycorolla
07-28-2013, 07:20 PM
Please help me understand why AW can't be a QD?

That's how I've been basically using it.

You use AW to take off dust and mild dirt, fingerprints, quick clean slightly dirty wheels? Heck I've used V7 to take off small birds bombs. V7 can do that stuff. You do that with AW? V7 isn't really a sealant it's a crazy awesome hybrid QD that offers little protection but great slickness and shine.

AW is mostly loved for post wash. Never seen anyone use it to remove dust and dirt.

Boudin
07-28-2013, 09:32 PM
Pinnacle Crystal Mist

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

TundraPower
07-28-2013, 09:39 PM
I'm running low on my cg v7 spray and wanted to know if there is other spray products out there that give the slickness and shine like v7 BUT CAN BE USED IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT because my black 2013 ram sport is kept outside. Thank's.

Dodo Juice Red Mist. Check to make sure it can be applied in direct sunlight. Far superior to V7 in all regards, except in price :xyxthumbs: