PDA

View Full Version : Sprayer / mister for KSG

Pages : [1] 2 3

Don M
07-27-2013, 08:05 AM
I have read that several people use sprayers/misters to apply KSG to an applicator. Where would I look to find a sprayer suitable for this task?

ken tuep
07-27-2013, 08:41 AM
I got some from target in the travel section, with the small deodorants.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

Don M
07-27-2013, 08:44 AM
Thanks, I'll look for them when the wife makes me take her shopping today.

Klasse Act
07-27-2013, 08:52 AM
I've been using an old 8 oz Griot's Garage sprayer for about 8 yrs now w/o a problem. So if you want, find something you might wanna try of theirs that uses the 8 oz sprayer, pour out its contents into something else and there you go. IIRC they've got Speed Shine and Interior Dressing available in that 8 oz size. Keep the tip clean as the sprayer is used to being used with products a bit thinner than KSG too.

Keep that applicator pad damp but not soaking when using KSG, wipe it onto the panel and wipe off right away and your all set. I'm sure you know this already but its habit of mine to post this as I want everyone to have an easy experience w/ KSG. Also the 2nd coat 12 hrs later nets HUGE results too!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

Don M
07-27-2013, 12:11 PM
I've been using an old 8 oz Griot's Garage sprayer for about 8 yrs now w/o a problem. So if you want, find something you might wanna try of theirs that uses the 8 oz sprayer, pour out its contents into something else and there you go. IIRC they've got Speed Shine and Interior Dressing available in that 8 oz size. Keep the tip clean as the sprayer is used to being used with products a bit thinner than KSG too.

Keep that applicator pad damp but not soaking when using KSG, wipe it onto the panel and wipe off right away and your all set. I'm sure you know this already but its habit of mine to post this as I want everyone to have an easy experience w/ KSG. Also the 2nd coat 12 hrs later nets HUGE results too!

I also noticed that my second coat (about 5 days later) really added to the appearance. I'm still waiting for the wife to let me have the time for coat #3 ... I'd like to find something smaller than 8 oz though.

Klasse Act
07-27-2013, 12:35 PM
Maybe go to an eyeglass store and get one of those 4 oz sprayers to clean your glasses, just a thought. Glad you got the expected results from the 2nd coat, once the KSG sets up, being an acrylic product, its ready for that 2nd coat and I've never been let down by the 2nd coat, ever and I've been a Klasse user since 2005!

Don M
07-27-2013, 12:38 PM
The wife and I are going to Walmart today and I'm going to look in the travel section for some small travel-sized bottles. I really don't care what's in them because I'm going to flush them out and clean them really good before using them.

Klasse Act
07-27-2013, 08:42 PM
The KSG isn't super thick but its not water thin either, so keeping it flushed is key here. Good luck with your search!

Don M
07-27-2013, 09:05 PM
The KSG isn't super thick but its not water thin either, so keeping it flushed is key here. Good luck with your search!

yeah, I planned on cleaning out the nozzle after each use ... BTW I did find one at Walmart today, it's a 2.8 oz bottle of Febreze. I fugure I'll use the contents on my interior, then wash it out after for use with the KSG.

ScottB
07-27-2013, 09:19 PM
Walmart and BedBathBeyond sell them empty for around a buck. They produce a fine mist which seems to work best.

Don M
07-27-2013, 09:28 PM
Walmart and BedBathBeyond sell them empty for around a buck. They produce a fine mist which seems to work best.

I couldn't find an empty one at Walmart, and if I asked the wife to go to BB & B, she'd think there is something else wrong with me.

cleanmycorolla
07-27-2013, 09:29 PM
I couldn't find an empty one at Walmart, and if I asked the wife to go to BB & B, she'd think there is something else wrong with me.

You can literally go to any target, rite aid, CVS, Walgreens, 99 cent store etc.... And they will have them usually in health and beauty for airline travel purposes

Klasse Act
07-28-2013, 09:26 AM
Something that sprays a fine mist might not spray like that with KSG but all that matters is that you use a little bit of KSG when spraying it out onto the pad, no matter which sprayer you use.

Setec Astronomy
07-28-2013, 09:43 AM
I'm still waiting for the wife to let me have the time for coat #3 ...

Sheesh, Don, you need a little time away from the wife! Can't you send her to her mother's house for an afternoon?

You can literally go to any target, rite aid, CVS, Walgreens, 99 cent store etc.... And they will have them usually in health and beauty for airline travel purposes

Yeah, seems like you oughta be able to stop at one of those places on your way to/from work without getting caught, lol!

Klasse Act
07-28-2013, 10:40 AM
A coat of KSG on a clean car should take about an hour, you can find the time, trust me!