PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a product to restore exterior trim

Pages : [1] 2

Harry Da Hamster
07-27-2013, 12:28 AM
Whats a good product to restore trim back to black? Not looking for a dressing.

Meticulous-Detail
07-27-2013, 12:35 AM
Never tried it, but have read good things. Solution Finish Exterior Trim Kit, trim restorer, rubber restorer (http://www.autogeek.net/solution-finish-kit.html)

geekdout
07-27-2013, 12:43 AM
I like Duragloss #271 rubber and flat black dressing. Its easy to use like all their products. It both cleans and treats the surface at the same time. I know you said you didn't want a dressing but I think this product is still a good choice.

cleanmycorolla
07-27-2013, 12:50 AM
I've had success with Poorboys Trim restorer, albeit short in durability even after buffing off and layering.

theblob640
07-27-2013, 12:51 AM
I just created a quick review of CarPro DLux today. It is a coating and from peoples' reviews, it seems to last a long time.

"Quick" project with CarPro DLux (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/68145-quick-project-carpro-dlux.html)

Radarryan
07-27-2013, 01:02 AM
I also applied CarPro CQuartz DLux today. For obvious reasons I cannot comment on the durability, however the until look is fantastic. Judging from other reviews I think that it is one of the more permanent solutions on the market. Depending on how bad your initial trim is, however, may determine the quality of the restoration. I was applying on my car today as a preventive measure. The real test will come next week or so when I try to restore trim on my weather beaten Range Rover trim. Will post a thread when I do it and have pictures.

Only downside is cost, but DLux is cheaper than many other "permanent" options out there.

rjd598
07-27-2013, 04:50 AM
Auto finesse revive

NickZ28
07-27-2013, 05:20 AM
Wipe new!!!! Lol

ScottB
07-27-2013, 05:28 AM
Gtechnic for a more long term solution ...

Old Tiger
07-27-2013, 05:36 AM
d-Lux is a great and durable coating. Price & performance make this a great value when compared to G|Techniq.

pld
07-27-2013, 05:54 AM
Wipe new!!!! Lol
from the makers of nufinish:xyxthumbs:

inDetail
07-27-2013, 06:21 AM
The issue with exterior vinyl is it fades over time due to sun damage and it drying out. A good treatment applied on a regular basis will stop and reverse that damage after longer term use.
I use CG VRP. Apply let sit for 5 or 10 minutes and buff out to a satin shine and dry to the touch no oily residue. IMO I get about four weeks of beading protection. The more I use it the less the color fades over time after the product wears off.
Coatings do work great and last a long time but are very expensive when you figure into it they are time savers. That is coatings one advantage, longevity. I think side by side if you put a trim coating against a good trim treatment you would be hard pressed to tell the difference in terms of looks on black trim.
So if time is a big concern then go with a coating. If your a enthusiast and you work on your car all the time go with a treatment.

sproketser
07-27-2013, 06:25 AM
DLux s pretty good from what swanic did in some thread lately .

MarkD51
07-27-2013, 06:57 AM
And others, such as BobbyG has reviewed, and found very favorable results, and longevity with CQuartz DLX.

These positive reviews were what influenced myself to try the product, and I too was very impressed with what it does, and how it is holding up.

I in fact just ordered another bottle from Autopia, and as well a 4oz bottle of Detailer's Paint Coating, and a bottle of Duragloss Aquawax. They currently have a sale on all products, with 15% off, free shipping over $75, and in fact extended the sale as I seen this morning in my email. AG I believe will also honor this sale, being that they are the sister business.

CQuartz DLX might seem expensive, but a little goes a long way, and it appears it lasts a long time, so that in itself makes the product actually economical in a sense.

Products that need constant re-application IMO are not money savers.
Another upside of CQuartz DLX, is it is clear, meaning this product will work on any color trim, not just black.

One bottle should be more than enough for any average car's exterior trim, unless you perhaps have one of those Avalanches, or Honda SUV's, that are 1/2 cladded in Vinyl Trim, then one might need an additional bottle to complete.

Once you start using it, you'll want to apply it on so many things.

While I haven't tried it, DLX would probably also last longer than other lesser products for protecting headlight, and tail light housings. Either those that are new, or those that have been restored, and brought back from the dead. Mark

DEREKC
07-27-2013, 09:45 AM
Gtechniq C4!