PDA

View Full Version : Nano skin speedy prep sponge failure

Pages : [1] 2

96z28
07-26-2013, 10:58 PM
Well after 5 uses the polymer material already started to separate from the sponge. Their website states 15 to 25 uses. When I emailed them they stated 5-8 uses. I've always used onr as lube and was careful not to get any other cleaners onto the polymer material. Has anyone else dealt with this issue. The sponge has worked very well as I had hoped but not as durable as I hoped either should I go for the towel version?

goldendodo19
07-26-2013, 11:01 PM
They really said 5-8 uses? That's bs. That's misleading since the back of the package says 15-25.

I've used mine 3 times maybe, hope this doesn't happen to mine.

Pick up the towel and use it for the larger panels and use the sponge for the smaller sections like a pillars.

gearguru
07-26-2013, 11:11 PM
Wow I've just placed an order for this as well. While 5-8 uses is better than a clay bar of similar value, it's disappointing to know how short its life span is.

Any way you can say you've been rough with it?

96z28
07-26-2013, 11:34 PM
Wow I've just placed an order for this as well. While 5-8 uses is better than a clay bar of similar value, it's disappointing to know how short its life span is.

Any way you can say you've been rough with it?

I will agree the value is still better than clay. But I didnt use it any differently than a regular clay bar. You have to move it quickly across the surface to remove the contaminates and your going to run into things such as trim and emblems. I just figured it would have been more durable.

Detailing by M
07-26-2013, 11:46 PM
I'm sure this is just a problem with yours and that production run.
I've used there products for a few years now and they rock. I haven't tried the sponge but I'm sure it's just this production run. Or some other reason.
customer service isn't always right. exchange it for a new one make sure it's a different production run and I'm sure you'll be fine

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AG Online

Phathooddetail
07-27-2013, 12:37 AM
yeah i used the medium grade sponge and only got 5 cars out of it. 2 of the cars were very contaminated and the other 3 were average. Now i know they said 15-25 uses but in my head I'm seeing 15-25 cars?!?!? Regardless if this equals out it is 50 times better than using regular clay. I agree I wish I could get more use but it does get the job done and it really helps if you prep with iron-x.

garmz
05-02-2014, 03:06 PM
anyone have any new updates on the durability of their sponges?

allenk4
05-02-2014, 03:29 PM
I will agree the value is still better than clay. But I didnt use it any differently than a regular clay bar. You have to move it quickly across the surface to remove the contaminates and your going to run into things such as trim and emblems. I just figured it would have been more durable.

Why?

swanicyouth
05-02-2014, 03:30 PM
Pick up the Ultima Elastofoam Clay Block. It lasts forever and is like $15.

CowboyTruckn
05-03-2014, 12:49 AM
I'm glad I haven't tried it yet. Bought the cg version because I read better reviews

garmz
05-05-2014, 02:54 PM
anyone have any new updates on the durability of their sponges?

Well I used it for the first time and I don't see any visible wear and tear.

I was pretty gentle on it as I didn't need to much effort to remove the contaminates.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using AG Online

haris300
05-05-2014, 03:11 PM
I've used the same nanoskin sponge (fine) on more than 15 cars and it has just now started to come apart at the edges. I have plenty of extras, but this one still has one or two uses left in it. I still use clay for hard to reach places, but the sponges are a much better value IMO.

The Guz
05-05-2014, 03:40 PM
I have to blue sponges and both have started to delaminate after about 3-4 uses.

96z28
05-05-2014, 05:44 PM
Even though I was disappointed in the sponge failing, I went ahead and bought their fine wash mitt. I've probably used it 10 times now and it is holding up just fine and works great. I was hoping the sponge would be a cheaper solution than buying the mitt, but should have just bought the mitt the first time around.

Andr3wilson
05-05-2014, 06:13 PM
I have used mine 10 times no fail