PDA

View Full Version : Large Throw Polisher (S)?

swanicyouth
07-26-2013, 08:10 PM
With the success of the Rupes Bigfoot, I'm wondering who is working on another "large throw" DA type of machine. Somebody out there has to be figuring they can use the Rupes principles of polishing and make their own machine & pads.

Do you think we will see more machines like the Bigfoot soon?

Wes Bremec
07-26-2013, 09:19 PM
I'm thrown away by the price of both the rupes machines.

Marc08EX
07-27-2013, 09:16 AM
I really think Meguiar's has something up their sleeves.

Evan.J
07-27-2013, 09:21 AM
I really think Meguiar's has something up their sleeves.

I've heard they have been working on a forced rotation polisher.

Marc08EX
07-27-2013, 09:37 AM
I've heard they have been working on a forced rotation polisher.

Are you serious? Where did you hear that from?

But I'd take a larger throw than the forced rotation.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
07-27-2013, 09:47 AM
Are you serious? Where did you hear that from?

+1.

If anything, IMO the G110v3 will closely resemble a RUPES unit.

That's just my thoughts on where the next Meguiar's machine will go.

KillaCam
07-27-2013, 10:19 AM
I hope there is something in the works that is very similar to the rupes but at a better price standpoint.

Evan.J
07-27-2013, 12:36 PM
I have a local distributor of meguiars and him and I always talk about detailing and what not so I had asked him if he ever tired the flex polisher? He stated that he has not but he has heard of them and that he has heard the meguiars had been working on one.

Blew me away for sure! Is it true? Time will tell but I certainly trust his input and opinions as he has been dealing with Meg's for quite sometime.

I think meguiars is going down this road though as these machine are becoming the go to after the DA polishers. Plus they haven't introduce anything new machine wise since the g110v2

goldendodo19
07-27-2013, 12:38 PM
Would be interesting to see a Megs forced rotation polisher. Wouldn't mind picking one up if they came out with it.