PDA

View Full Version : Shining my Silver Camry, need solid advice for best wet-look shine.

gpdallam
06-07-2007, 07:31 AM
I got DG 101, a Mothers' Calif Gold Clay bar with lube, so far.

I want to make my 04 Silver Camry shine with an insane wetlook head-turning.

Since I've never used anything before but Turtle wax (on other cars, not this one), I'm not sure of the order of things: Do I clay first, then use the DG, or DG first and then clay before waxing?

Also, I haven't bought a wax yet. What's the absolute best for this purpose. I can take back the DG if there's a better PC, but it seemed to be highly recommended by most here.

I have access to these waxes: Mothers, Zymol, NXT, #26yellow. If none of these are recommended by you guys for Silver, I'll go buy something new.

Thanks a bunch. I'll post photogs next week.

Greg in KY

Truls
06-07-2007, 08:52 AM
Wash
Clay (Say: "WOW" after)
DG 101, Apply thin, let dry, remove with MF and chill 1 hour before the DG 105
DG 105, Apply thin, let dry, remove with MF (wait to next day applying the Pinnacle LS)
Pinnacle Liquid Souveran, Apply thin, let dry, remove with MF.
-Step back and say: "holly cr##"
Pinnacle Crystal mist/Souveran spray wax or DG AquaWax, after washings

Would be my option..

Just by adding the DG101 on silver is wicked, The look of this one alone is just Bling.

And welcome to AGol, where the SUN always shine

M3 with just the DG 101
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/5193-m3-wash-n-wax.html

gpdallam
06-07-2007, 10:30 AM
Do you think the Mothers California Gold clay bar system (with Showtime lube) is quality stuff? Or should I spring for something far superior?

Also, is DG105 the same as DG 104 paste?

Thanks for the prod. tips and especially the strategy. I really didn't know about how to go about it, especially the aftercare between waxings.

Greg in KY