PDA

View Full Version : OCW for drying? Product effectiveness?

Njohc
07-26-2013, 02:31 PM
Hey guys,
I have always had trouble with using OCW on my single stage paint, but insist on using it for it's UV blocking capabilities due to oxidation problems.

Instead of drying my car with an instant detailer today, I used OCW as my drying aid. It made the product much easier to work with as well as left the paint smooth and glossy.

My question is does the affect how the product works? Or does mixing it with the water completely defeat the conditions it needs to set properly? I want to make sure it's still getting on my paint the way it needs to.

Thanks for any info

FUNX650
07-26-2013, 02:52 PM
Instead of drying my car with an instant detailer today, I used OCW as my drying aid.
It made the product much easier to work with as well as left the paint smooth and glossy.

My question is does the affect how the product works?
Or does mixing it with the water completely defeat the conditions it needs to set properly?

*I want to make sure it's still getting on my paint the way it needs to. *

Thanks for any info
Here's some information that might be of interest:

If I lived where you do, I think I'd use it as a drying aid at every wash and never use 845 again except after claying and/or polishing.

Don't use it diluted or as a drying aid or you'll likely see streaking.
You can apply it after a single drying pass (still damp), but not wet.

Is this a spray wax that has to haze and then you buff it off or does it dry streak free like Megs Syn Wax or AquaWax?

*No waiting to haze. Just a single spray to a panel, spread for even coverage, then flip over your towel and buff to a shine.*

Haven't tried using it as a drying aid. I usually dry first. But I'm gonna try using OID as drying aid.

OID is fine as a drying aid as it is concentrated, but OCW needs to be fairly dry for best results.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

:)

Bob

dc52nv
07-26-2013, 03:41 PM
I never use OCW as a drying agent. Instead, I use ID&GE and works great in between OCW applications. I've never had any issues with OCW applying it after the car is completely dry.

Njohc
07-26-2013, 04:34 PM
Thats funny. It streaked less today than when I apply it dry. And when I say less I mean not at all. When I apply it dry I get oily streaks and blotches on the paint. Ive adjusted my methods every way possible and today was my last attempt at something completely different.

FUNX650
07-27-2013, 08:01 AM
Thats funny. It streaked less today than when I apply it dry. And when I say less I mean not at all. When I apply it dry I get oily streaks and blotches on the paint. Ive adjusted my methods every way possible and today was my last attempt at something completely different.

^^^Glad you found your solution to eliminate OCW-streaking.^^^

However...Has this other OCW-concern of yours:

My question is does the affect how the product works?
Or does mixing it with the water completely defeat the conditions it needs to set properly?
I want to make sure it's still getting on my paint the way it needs to.

been addressed to your satisfaction?:

...OCW needs to be fairly dry for best results.

Just curious.

Bob

Njohc
07-27-2013, 08:14 AM
Yes thank you. I appreciate the thorough answer.