PDA

View Full Version : Wax after WW with Wax?

blinkstafoo182
07-26-2013, 02:25 PM
I use CG Ecowash with Wax to maintain wash my new car. I was wondering do I need to wax with another wax for example CG Butter Wet Wax after using their WW that has wax in it?

Thanks.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
07-26-2013, 02:31 PM
The WW has a mild wax addition to it and you will always benefit from from a dedicated wax product even if its just a spray wax.

PiPUK
07-26-2013, 02:45 PM
I cannot comment about the product you note but, as a general point, many wash products 'with wax' actually don't contain any wax, they will have surface modifying surfactants which leave you nice glossy and water repellent films which wash away after a few rain showers. I personally would not go near this product class for this reason - as a professional, I have trouble knowing if the marketing info is to be trusted so non-chemists have almost no chance. If you are on this website, chances are you are going to wax or seal anyway so wash and wax type products don't really strike me as having much worth - best stick to a pure shampoo and then put your own LSP on there without the risk of some rubbish films compromising performance.