PDA

View Full Version : blackfire wet diamond gone bad?

TurboToys
07-26-2013, 11:10 AM
i had a bottle of blackfire wet diamond stored indoors, in my closet, completely sealed of course and i made sure of it by turning it upside down and squeezing hard to see if it wasn't after i picked it up and shook it, but it was.

the problem i face is that i purchased this bottle last year, and i didn't think that it would go bad like this so quickly. it's supposed to be a liquidy texture, but as it sits, it's almost like it cured on its own somehow.

i only applied it 3 or 4 seperate times, using maybe 1 oz each time, so there is a lot of product left in the bottle, but now, it's completely liquidy and has little splotches in it like the liquid has seperated from the actual sealant somehow and no matter how much i shake it, it won't come back together.

has anyone else experienced this? does blackfire take care of problems like this or am i SoL when it comes to the remaining 7/8ths worth of product in my bottle??

erichaley
07-26-2013, 12:56 PM
Does it look like it's hardened or just separated? I have some of mine in a clear bottle and it has separated, but that's just what it does.

If you need some, I have an unopened sample bottle you can have. I'm down in Lincoln but will be driving up to Omaha Saturday morning and again Sunday evening.

mavin
07-26-2013, 01:06 PM
It naturally separates and you need to shake the bejesus out of it to get it to come together.

dooyaunastan
07-26-2013, 01:11 PM
I now keep my LSP's in a mini fridge with my drinks and it definitely helps slow down, but not stop, the separation with BFWD. Anytime I use it, I give it a thorough, and I mean thorough shaking. I'd guess at least a minute, if not 2, in all manners of ways and directions just to play it safe.

I have noticed that near the dispenser it does seem to 'cure', it's hardened and caked and IMO unusable, but the tiniest squeeze of product onto a paper towel solves that and then I get right to it.

If the whole bottle has hardened, there may be some type of defect with the cap or container, it may not have been closed all the way, I really don't know. I'd imagine AG would address the issue as long as user error wasn't the reason behind it.

Nick McKees37
07-26-2013, 01:15 PM
Shake it well for about 3-4 minutes and it will return to a more even, albeit thin consistency.

KneeDragr
07-26-2013, 02:11 PM
Yeah you need to shake that stuff like crazy to get it mixed properly. Think of those paint shaking machines at home depot, do your best to impersonate one. But man its durable stuff. Try getting it out of an applicator, it just does not dissolve in water or soap at all. Ive even soaked an applicator in APC and Griots paint prep and still cant get it out.

Landtosea
07-26-2013, 03:05 PM
I had the same issue with a bottle that I had in my garage. First use all seemed normal. Second use after a couple months in the garage and it came out like milk. I shook it like I was trying to strangle a rabid monkey several times and it did not change. Next bottle I may keep it in the fridge? PITA, but it is good stuff.

TurboToys
07-27-2013, 12:42 AM
ill give it a try to shake it like crazy for a while, i just worry because one bottle i had a while ago never seperated like this. and now this one is seperated like i haven't seen.

cleanmycorolla
07-27-2013, 12:49 AM
Duct tape it to your DA and let it spin that'll shake it back together.

TurboToys
07-27-2013, 10:28 AM
ended up grabbing the bottle and sitting down with it while watching some video and just mindlessly shaking it.

it finally came back together after about 5 minutes of shaking. thank god too, i really wanted to use this stuff again soon.

thanks for the help.

KillaCam
07-27-2013, 11:12 AM
Wonder if letting it soak in a bucket of hot water would help before you shook it?
My bottle of BFWD has been collecting dust on my shelf for about a year now.

Theostoubos
07-27-2013, 02:45 PM
After reading the thread I went to check mine. It was indeed very watery, thin consistency and separated.

After approximately 5-7 minutes of shaking it became nicely thick and consistent.

Thanks for the advice.

GenesisCoupe
07-27-2013, 03:12 PM
i have also experienced this with both of my bottles of BFWD, the older bottle and newer so i figured it's all good.