PDA

View Full Version : New Car CQuartz

Pages : [1] 2

JerryD
07-25-2013, 11:59 AM
Looking forward to this weekend, driving my 2013 Porsche Boxster down to see Richy in Windsor so he can CQuartz my garage queen. I am hoping that once he is done his magic I will be able to do what I like, wash, dry QD and drive her with a big smile. Dam dealers do not know how to detail a car and even I can see a few things that Richy will have to correct. If Richy does not post photos I will be sure to take some but after seeing how Richy documents his work on this site I don't think I will have to post pics.

sproketser
07-25-2013, 12:20 PM
The car will be in good hands mate !

primo spaghetti
07-25-2013, 06:43 PM
richy is the man and cquartz is a great choice!

you will be very very satisfied.

richy
07-25-2013, 09:28 PM
Jerry, I'm looking very forward to getting my hands on it. I just got back from Detroit about an hour ago with my first bottle of the NEW VERSION of CQF. What a worthy car! (Think sponge-worthy ala Seinfeld, lol). I hope we're as blessed with weather as the last few days. See you tomorrow! (And yes, lots of pics).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

POWERMAN_
07-25-2013, 10:15 PM
Cool, looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

OP, sexy car you got there!
It so happens I was talking about the Porsche they used in RED 2 today @work..

richy
07-28-2013, 03:20 PM
Jerry, thanks again for trusting with with your baby!! I hope it at least met or exceeded your expectations. Can't wait to hear your reaction the first time you wash it. Hopefully I'll have the write up done in a day or two.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

slimnib
07-28-2013, 03:36 PM
I am sure that Richy is an artist of detailing, but I still think that cquartz etc is a waste of money.

Bye the way nice car. But I do not think it is a 2013 Boxster. I was told that Porsche did not make a 2013. They went from a 2012 to a 2014. Please correct if I am wrong.

swanicyouth
07-28-2013, 04:12 PM
I am sure that Richy is an artist of detailing, but I still think that cquartz etc is a waste of money.

Bye the way nice car. But I do not think it is a 2013 Boxster. I was told that Porsche did not make a 2013. They went from a 2012 to a 2014. Please correct if I am wrong.

Why is CQ a waste of money?

JerryD
07-28-2013, 05:07 PM
It definitely a 2013 Boxster, a redesign that is absolutely fantastic. As far as CQuartz is concerned I think it will do exactly what I wanted it to do and that is to allow fewer if any swirls which I hate, even though you do everything you can to avoid them ie 2 buckets wash, nice MF etc.

Rich the car looks great and I too can't wait to wash it and be amazed at the sheeting. I am also looking forward to you posting all your work you did on my garage queen. Thanks again always a professional.

primo spaghetti
07-28-2013, 06:01 PM
... but I still think that cquartz etc is a waste of money.

:doh:

now this i gotta hear..

:poke:

Shtexas
07-28-2013, 06:08 PM
Can't wait for the write up. Richy does awesome work.
They did make the boxter in 2013. They moved the production to a new factory in 2012 for the new style.

slimnib
07-28-2013, 06:56 PM
Why is CQ a waste of money?

Good question. You tell me how much it costs vs a good everyday sealant. Then tell me how long it really last ( not the hype ) vs an good everyday sealant.

Then honestly tell me if really looks any better than an everyday past wax. I know this is subjective but I trust your call.

If the answer show that CQ is worth the money, I apologize.

Detail-Impressions
07-28-2013, 07:26 PM
CQ looks better than a sealant in my opinion. CQ has a rich deep gloss. I have seen customer's cars with CQ installed recieve 2 years of service.

Not every customer wants to install the product. Some folks wish to pay for an professional installation. They want to drop the car/truck and then pick it up looking fantastic.

swanicyouth
07-28-2013, 08:08 PM
Good question. You tell me how much it costs vs a good everyday sealant. Then tell me how long it really last ( not the hype ) vs an good everyday sealant.

Then honestly tell me if really looks any better than an everyday past wax. I know this is subjective but I trust your call.

If the answer show that CQ is worth the money, I apologize.

You excluding from all that math the cost to replace that traditional sealant every 6 months. I'm talking about time and labor to wash and re-apply correctly.

But for the average person to not have to worry about waxing their car for 2 years, its a pretty good deal. That's why I believe most pros pretty much only do coatings now.

Maybe for an AutoGeek CQ doesn't make a lot of financial sense.

slimnib
07-28-2013, 09:03 PM
If you saw two years on your own car, then it may well be worth the expense. No one I know has seen last any more than 6 good months.
However, you still to wash the car every week and some people talk about putting a wax topping over this stuff. Why?

I am only interest in the word of an owner of a car, who is not in the detailing business and has no vested interest in saying the this stuff lasts two years. If that is you and your car had application that lasted two years then I would say the extra money is well worth it. Otherwise, I remain unconvinced