PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

MiCVPI
07-24-2013, 09:06 PM
Hi everyone. Noob here from the Midwest, Michigan to be exact. I've been "detailing" cars for a while...without a polisher. Wish I would have known about this site a LONG time ago. I've been visiting this site for a couple weeks now and just pulled the trigger on a PC7424 combo along with the trusty Meguiars 205/105 combo and assorted pads and accessories. Spent some coin tonight lol :buffing: It's funny actually...I had to visit Autogeek.net after the spot on the new season of Chasing Classic cars. I had to know what this was all about. I'm glad I did and it goes to show that marketing works!

I'm amazed at how thoughtful and helpful everyone is on this forum. I'm not used to that. Very cool and a welcome change from other forum's I frequent.

I hope to learn more and get to know some of you. :dblthumb2:

Cheers!

sproketser
07-24-2013, 09:17 PM
Welcome aboard .

danieledwards12
07-24-2013, 09:30 PM
im new here as well. nice to meet you. i love my Porter Cable.

MiCVPI
07-24-2013, 09:59 PM
im new here as well. nice to meet you. i love my Porter Cable.

Thank! Yea, I was looking at the GG 6" and the Flex 3401 and it was a hard choice to buy the PC. Then, thanks to tons of comments on this board, I decided I needed to learn on the 7424 like so many others have. Did you get accustomed to your PC pretty quickly?

beamerstrumpet
07-24-2013, 10:06 PM
:pc7424:
Im only a month or so old here myself but have been reading like crazy! Buy Mikes Ebook on detailing. worth every dollar! Yep you spent some bucks all right! LOLOL if you need a back up check out the thread on the Harbor Freight DA Polisher.

Everyone here has been very helpfull and giving. Sometimes it can be blunt, but they all mean well:xyxthumbs: I get bored and just come here to read LOLOL

Wors
07-24-2013, 10:07 PM
Welcome to AGO!

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
07-24-2013, 10:22 PM
Welcome to AGO.

Mike Phillips
07-25-2013, 07:30 AM
It's funny actually...I had to visit Autogeek.net after the spot on the new season of Chasing Classic cars. I had to know what this was all about. I'm glad I did and it goes to show that marketing works!

I'm amazed at how thoughtful and helpful everyone is on this forum. I'm not used to that. Very cool and a welcome change from other forum's I frequent.

I hope to learn more and get to know some of you. :dblthumb2:

Cheers!

Welcome to AutogeekOnline! :welcome:

Here's some threads from our visit to Wayne's shop...

Mike Phillips on "Chasing Classic Cars" with Wayne Carini (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/64383-mike-phillips-chasing-classic-cars-wayne-carini.html)

Wayne Carini 1954 Hudson Hornet Original Paint Restored by Mike Phillips (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/63665-wayne-carini-1954-hudson-hornet-original-paint-restored-mike-phillips.html)

Wayne Carini from Chasing Classic Cars gets a visit from Ivan Karstuff and Autogeek! (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/63621-wayne-carini-chasing-classic-cars-gets-visit-ivan-karstuff-autogeek.html)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1852/Mike_Phillips_Wayne_Carini_006.jpg

:)

Evan.J
07-25-2013, 07:35 AM
Welcome to the forum!

dad07
07-25-2013, 08:41 AM
Welcome to AGO!

dwg51357
07-25-2013, 08:57 AM
I bought a PC this spring, after reading all the great informative stuff here. It makes a huge difference! It did take a bit of getting used to. The most important things I learned are: go slow, use very little product on the pad, clean the pad with a towel between sections, and really work in the product. Most of this stuff is in Mike's tips. I experimented with the PC at first, and got so-so results; then reread Mike's tips and watched videos - and following his recommendations makes an amazing difference.

Pats300zx
07-25-2013, 09:06 AM
Welcome to AGO !!!

vet
07-25-2013, 09:48 AM
Welcome from NW Illinois!

MiCVPI
07-25-2013, 10:32 AM
Thanks everyone! Just received my shipping confirmation on my order from last night. I can't tell you the last time I was this excited!

Mike - I'm amazed at how you try to reply to, what seems like anyway, most posts. Very cool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AG Online

Bunky
07-25-2013, 10:38 AM
Welcome!!!