PDA

View Full Version : Polish'N Pal or Griots 6"

farmernick
07-24-2013, 04:29 PM
After a previous post about using duragloss 501/601 that I had many people suggested I take the dive and get a da.

After looking at the da's for awhile and reading more posts I read about the pinnacle Polish n pal and using the 3.5" pads or the lake country ccs 4" pads I am contemplating going the less expensive route first and maybe after some experience with different pads moving up to the griots 6".

Any thoughts/comments on this line of thinking or am I over thinking everything and should just spend the money? Are the 4" pads another tool that I should have no matter if I buy the 6"?

cleanmycorolla
07-24-2013, 04:52 PM
I think you should just get a DA. It's just easier. :)

goodinblack
07-24-2013, 05:21 PM
I bought my GG6 for like $115.00 shipped......... I love mine...... also my first buffer .

chris.ganucheau
07-24-2013, 06:02 PM
you wont get anywhere near the correcting ability with the polishing pal. A DA will make your life a piece of cake compared to the polishing pal

Becciasm
07-24-2013, 06:19 PM
I think you should just get a DA. It's just easier. :)

I bought my GG6 for like $115.00 shipped......... I love mine...... also my first buffer .

you wont get anywhere near the correcting ability with the polishing pal. A DA will make your life a piece of cake compared to the polishing pal

Get both.

HateSwirls
07-24-2013, 06:59 PM
I have a Porter Cable XP but decided to buy the GG 6 inch polisher.
IMO its the best in its class, I have six and four inch pads that's a plus:)
Nothing wrong with a PC but since buying the GG the PC is boxed up.

Great power, won't bog down on you, variable speed, feels nice in your hands and the handle is so good to have.

I give it 5 Stars.

No cons to report.

farmernick
07-24-2013, 08:11 PM
If I get the griots I had planned on getting a 5" backing plate and a bunch of 5.5" LC foam pads. At least one yellow, one orange, three white, and what color for wax? Or because I am using collinite 845 do I need a wax pad cause it is easy to apply by hand.

Becciasm
07-24-2013, 08:42 PM
black pad for 845

mwoolfso
07-25-2013, 05:28 AM
If I get the griots I had planned on getting a 5" backing plate and a bunch of 5.5" LC foam pads. At least one yellow, one orange, three white, and what color for wax? Or because I am using collinite 845 do I need a wax pad cause it is easy to apply by hand.

red or blue for sealants and waxes is my preference and experience....

Also.... get a DA and the Polishing Pal.... I have both and use them for different purposes. I'll use the PP for applying waxes and sealants 98% of the time.