PDA

View Full Version : Steamer help

casvg5
07-24-2013, 02:06 PM
My steamer went down and I have a HIGH priority 800hp beast in my shop that needs steam. I live in Houston and if any city has any equipment it can be found here.

Anyone have a clue where I could track down a quality heavy duty steamer that would be in stock? Home depot has one that looks great but its internet order only and this car has to go back Friday morning.

Coyote33
07-24-2013, 02:09 PM
I was at our Harbor Freight the other day and they had a steamer in stock for $129...not sure about Houston, but you might call and check. This is the one I saw in their store. The store that is similar to the river in South America also has them and you can get it next day shipped if you are a Optimus ____ Member.

Steam Cleaner Kit (http://www.harborfreight.com/steam-cleaner-kit-8823.html)

casvg5
07-24-2013, 02:12 PM
I was at our Harbor Freight the other day and they had a steamer in stock for $120...not sure about Houston, but you might call and check.

Im looking for a steamer, like with tools and such, not a carpet steam cleaner. Just wanted to clarify.

T3 AutoDetails
07-24-2013, 02:27 PM
My steamer went down and I have a HIGH priority 800hp beast in my shop that needs steam. I live in Houston and if any city has any equipment it can be found here.

Anyone have a clue where I could track down a quality heavy duty steamer that would be in stock? Home depot has one that looks great but its internet order only and this car has to go back Friday morning.

For a quality heavy duty steamer I don't think home depot or HF can offer what your looking for.

My suggestion would be to order the MYTEE firebird from here with next day shipping if your on a budget. If your not on a budget order the VX5000 or dupray line next day air. Those are high quality steamers.

casvg5
07-24-2013, 02:48 PM
For a quality heavy duty steamer I don't think home depot or HF can offer what your looking for.

My suggestion would be to order the MYTEE firebird from here with next day shipping if your on a budget. If your not on a budget order the VX5000 or dupray line next day air. Those are high quality steamers.

Well budget isn't an issue when it comes to my equipment. I have ordered a Dupray Carmen Super Inox Steam Cleaner but its coming from Canada and is still a ways out.

TopThatDetail
07-24-2013, 03:37 PM
I own the vc-4000c pretty nice steamer with attachments

T3 AutoDetails
07-24-2013, 11:54 PM
Well budget isn't an issue when it comes to my equipment. I have ordered a Dupray Carmen Super Inox Steam Cleaner but its coming from Canada and is still a ways out.

If that's the case then what I think your asking is where to get a temp until your dupray arrives. The home depot steamer is available only through online order. So I don't know where you could go locally to get a steamer that won't make you spend 10x the amount needed to get the job done.

I would call the client and just be honest about your steamer taking a crap and that you have a quality one on the way. Most people are understanding, In all fields sh!t happens. In most cases its a given in an industry where your using tools. Not a IF but rather WHEN something going to happen.

I had my steamer go down on a job half way through and had to relate back to my old school method of doing my process by hand. Not the best route but sometimes its what you gotta do when your half way in on a vehicle.

BillE
07-25-2013, 07:02 AM
If you are in need of a steamer 'real quick', maybe it's possible to hit up a rental store and just rent one for the job. That way, you'd have a bit more time to find a new one for yourself.

Bill

casvg5
07-26-2013, 09:54 AM
Thanks all, I found one at Harbor Freight. Cheap and pretty effective

Pureshine
07-26-2013, 10:52 AM
I have a Dupray and love it :)