PDA

View Full Version : What product to use on this textured plastic

Radarryan
07-24-2013, 12:42 AM
I am wondering what product I should use on this textured plastic that would be normally,at least in my view, be found on exterior trim. This plastic, as you can see in the attached photos, are found under the hood (the storage compartment) and the engine cover (under the trunk compartment.)

Since it is textured, I was thinking about using CarPro CQuartz DLux (already own it) on it since it provides a permanent solution (since the hood will cover most of it). Same goes with the engine cover except it is 100% covered.

Please note, part of the plastic under the hood extends outside the hood and would be part of the cowl, however it is all one piece.

Thanks for the feedback/help!

Radarryan
07-24-2013, 12:43 AM
Engine cover picture.

Happy detailing!

BillE
07-24-2013, 06:54 AM
Have any Meguiar's Ultimate Wax LIQUID?

Been using that on my truck (that has a BOAT LOAD of textured plastic) for about 2 years now.

Super thin application, works well.

Bill

Setec Astronomy
07-24-2013, 06:57 AM
Is there a reason you WOULDN'T use the DLux since you already have it? If there is, a product like UTTG or WETS is great for this stuff that's not exposed, lasts a long long time.

Radarryan
07-24-2013, 07:09 AM
Is there a reason you WOULDN'T use the DLux since you already have it? If there is, a product like UTTG or WETS is great for this stuff that's not exposed, lasts a long long time.

No, no reason. Just wanted to get the forum's advice before I did something that would be difficult to undo (remove DLux). Also, wanted to see if there was a better option than DLux. Figured it wouldn't hurt to wait a day and get feedback first. :xyxthumbs:

Setec Astronomy
07-24-2013, 07:33 AM
No, no reason. Just wanted to get the forum's advice before I did something that would be difficult to undo (remove DLux). Also, wanted to see if there was a better option than DLux. Figured it wouldn't hurt to wait a day and get feedback first. :xyxthumbs:

Well, I haven't used DLux but I've used C4, and applying something like UTTG or WETS certainly requires less concentration than a coating.