PDA

View Full Version : It's a disease....

Pages : [1] 2 3

KillaCam
07-23-2013, 11:28 PM
Today I got bored and decided to polish my shower. There were a ridiculous amount of waterspots. I think it shined up pretty good. I'm not too worried about the swirls because they aren't noticeable under normal light and it's just a shower lol. But I got all the water spots out with D151 and a white ccs pad pretty easily. I might add a coat of 845 on top tomorrow. Here's a couple before and after pics

No reflection..

Gloss has returned

I think this might've been a bad idea because now I will probably just stand in the shower and watch the water bead off the walls and never get out

jgg85234
07-23-2013, 11:34 PM
I bet you get out when you run out of hot water :eek:

Jim

Hitman21
07-23-2013, 11:58 PM
I was thinking of doing the same thing in my shower lol.... Glad i'm not the only one who thinks like this..

BillE
07-24-2013, 06:59 AM
Do it all the time now. Wife thought I was nits the first time I did it (many years back). Now it's every 6 months or when she say to do it.

Just go gentle on the floor area, it can get a tad on the super slippy side. Don't ask how I know (LOL).

Bill

Christopher.Brown
07-24-2013, 07:57 AM
I think this might've been a bad idea because now I will probably just stand in the shower and watch the water bead off the walls and never get out

ahahahhahah i love it ► ► ► twisting my moustache as i laugh and nod in agreement

LOL while youre at it, just do a durability test for all your favorite LSP's and make it a running report..... this way its uber maintenance and serves a purpose :dblthumb2:

erichaley
07-24-2013, 09:09 AM
I plan on doing mine as well once my neighbor (I live in a town home and we share a wall) is done fixing the hole he accidentally blew through my master bathroom when his "unloaded" shotgun went off...

hellfst
07-24-2013, 09:12 AM
Ive been thinking about doing this too. The shower door looks nasty after some years. Good Job!

erichaley
07-24-2013, 09:19 AM
You could take over Roshan's Just Half a Test series and call it "Just Half a Shower"...

mwoolfso
07-24-2013, 09:53 AM
I did my shower walls and the door last summer. You are not alone! To boot.. the wife loved the end result!

silverfox
07-24-2013, 10:43 AM
I don't think it's as much a disease as it is trying to justify blowing $$ on detailing products.

KillaCam
07-24-2013, 02:45 PM
Thanks guys

Question: Is it safe to polish out a tub if it is fiberglass? I'm guessing that's what mine is by judging looking at it.

I wasn't sure if a abrading the surface would release fiberglass particles that I could breathe in. That wouldn't be good. It's not really dusting at all so I'm not sure.

Christopher.Brown
07-24-2013, 02:48 PM
Thanks guys

Question: Is it safe to polish out a tub if it is fiberglass? I'm guessing that's what mine is by judging looking at it.

I wasn't sure if a abrading the surface would release fiberglass particles that I could breathe in. That wouldn't be good. It's not really dusting at all so I'm not sure.

PLENTY OF CARS have fiberglass components. As do Tonneau covers and they are safe to polish.. so im THINKING its ok.. as always go least aggressive and apply as little force as possible

KillaCam
07-24-2013, 02:49 PM
PLENTY OF CARS have fiberglass components. As do Tonneau covers and they are safe to polish.. so im THINKING its ok.. as always go least aggressive and apply as little force as possible

True but most fiberglass on cars is painted whereas a bathtub isn't.

ken tuep
07-24-2013, 03:03 PM
Its a gelcoat, much like a boat. You will be just fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

danieledwards12
07-24-2013, 03:04 PM
you can do the toilet as well, makes it easier to keep clean too..