PDA

View Full Version : new to the forum

01vw18t
06-06-2007, 08:41 PM
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum. I have been slowly but surely starting my own detailing business. I need some advice on pricing, hourly wages, and making sure I make up a waiver for my customers to sign. Any ideas on what to put into the waiver? Thanks!

Nica
06-06-2007, 10:24 PM
Welcome to AutoGeek, can't really help you with your questions because I just wing it and set prices as I see the vehicles...I should really come up with rates but oh well....besides I love detailing vehicles and trying to beat my best time and always look to improve on the apperance of the vehicle...but getting paid is good too :D

richy
06-06-2007, 10:29 PM
I do it as a sideline. I charge $25/hr and can usually quote fairly accurately how long it will take and what I suggest. The average job is about $150. but has been as high as $250.

bambo2888
06-06-2007, 10:37 PM
Welcome. A lot of what you plan to charge depends on your experience and the area you are in. You need to judge your own capabilities honestly. In that way you are not getting paid for your time, but rather your brain.

D
06-06-2007, 10:59 PM
I agree with bambo, depends on your abilities, how long youve been doing it, and your customer base.

sparkie
06-07-2007, 04:06 AM
:iagree: and welcome to AGOL. Please show us your work.

01vw18t
06-07-2007, 12:45 PM
thanks for the advice guys, i'll have to sit down and think of some pricing. sparkie i'll get some on here but for now look at my red jetta and tell me what ya think. its kind of a bad angle tho.

supercharged
06-07-2007, 01:29 PM
thanks for the advice guys, i'll have to sit down and think of some pricing. sparkie i'll get some on here but for now look at my red jetta and tell me what ya think. its kind of a bad angle tho.
Pricing will really depend on area you live in, cars you detail, products you use, and your skills (labor, and ability to sell).