PDA

View Full Version : New Car Paint

Brightred
03-06-2006, 11:03 PM
Hello, All. Maybe someone can help out. I have a brand new car 2006. had for 2 weeks. Shines like a top, but I feel a very slight grit on surface of the hood only. I hate to use a claybar since paint is so new. Anyone know if there is a good wax or mild cleaner that might take out the ever so slight grit with out much abrasion. I have used Claybars before and I think they are great but I hate to use clay on new paint. Any inputs appreciated.

Brightred

BlkTac05
03-06-2006, 11:20 PM
You'll have no problem at all claying your new paint.Modern paint cures long before you take delivery. I suggest you wash with a quality shampoo then clay that new baby. You can use a good QD or a mixture of water & shampoo for your clay lube. Apply light pressure making a few passes until that "gritty" sound disapates. After that, perhaps some Klasse All In One to make sure your paints squeeky clean. Klasse All In One is a terrific paint cleanser & makes for an outstanding base for wax & sealants.

98bmw323is
03-07-2006, 02:09 PM
you should not worry about using clay. It does not remove any of your clear coat

dklanecky
03-07-2006, 02:53 PM
You'll have no problem at all claying your new paint.Modern paint cures long before you take delivery. I suggest you wash with a quality shampoo then clay that new baby. You can use a good QD or a mixture of water & shampoo for your clay lube. Apply light pressure making a few passes until that "gritty" sound disapates. After that, perhaps some Klasse All In One to make sure your paints squeeky clean. Klasse All In One is a terrific paint cleanser & makes for an outstanding base for wax & sealants.

Agree with BlkTac05. Every new vehicle I've bought over the years has had to be clayed in order to get it clean. EVERY ONE. I've never had a problem using the claybar and the results are simply incredible, especially on a new vehicle.

My problem is that once I start getting it clean, I have a hard time stopping with the Klasse AIO, I always end up with three or more coats, then top it off with the Souveran Carnuba wax for an incredible glow.

Then I cruise back to the dealer and show them how they should deliver a new vehicle!:rolleyes:

Brightred
03-07-2006, 06:27 PM
Thank you all for your inputs. I will get to work on it as soon as I can.

[ Vince] Brightred