PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help

Regency
07-23-2013, 04:04 AM
Hey guys so been detailing for two years now since 14 and am looking to upgrade my "side" businuess.

Here are the things I don't need changed.

- Wheel Cleaners/Degreasers
- Window Cleaners

I do need help on the following

- Compounds/Polishes
- Wax/Sealant
- New polisher (Going with the Rupes)
- Dressings
- Coatings
- And anything else I'm missing

Thanks guys. Basically am just needing recommendations from what you guys have liked so far. Thanks everyone!

Evan.J
07-23-2013, 05:34 AM
Hey guys so been detailing for two years now since 14 and am looking to upgrade my "side" businuess.

- Window Cleaners

- Compounds/Polishes
- Wax/Sealant
- Dressings
- Coatings

Thanks guys. Basically am just needing recommendations from what you guys have liked so far. Thanks everyone!

Compounds:
Meguiars M101 M205
Menzerna FG400 SF4000

Sealants:
Collinite 845 (sealant)
Blackfire Wet Diamond (sealant)
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant 3.0
Optimum Opti-Seal
CarPro Hydro2

Waxes:
BlackFire Midnight Sun
Wolfgang Fuzion
Pinnacle Souveran
Pinnacle Signature II
BlackFire BlackIce
Any DoDo wax
Collinite 915

Polisher:
Good choice on the Rupes

Dressings:
I personally Like Megs Hyper dressing. It can be diluted to a number of different ratios for different looks and it can be applied just about any where.

Coating:
Opti-coat 2.0. This is wat I personally use and I have had nothing but great results with it.

What else are you missing:

What about a polish got a one step? Something that is above a finishing polish but finishes down LSP ready. I like PF2500 from menzerna or Sonax Perfect finish. Both offer a great deal of cut and finish down great.

What type of pads do you plan on using with the Rupes?

I have had great success with the LC Hydro tech pads. I also use the megs MF discs with great results along with the Buff N Shine.

Regency
07-23-2013, 06:50 AM
Thanks man.

So I currently have most of that so that's good to know, I'll be adding the rest to the list.

Honestly don't know what pads I'm planning on using with the rupes. I have great success with my MF pads paired with the 7424xp so was either thinking MF pads. But I'll be looking into what you are using.

One last question how many pads of each type should I have?

Evan.J
07-23-2013, 06:55 AM
For pads I would say at the minimum 3 but the more the better.

Regency
07-23-2013, 06:56 AM
Awesome man. Thanks.

Christopher.Brown
07-23-2013, 08:25 AM

- Window Cleaners

- Compounds/Polishes
- Wax/Sealant
- Dressings
- Coatings

Unfortunately, like every answer in poker, the same logic can be applied to detailing:

Every answer is situationally dependent. Therefore, a minimum amount of info is necessary for most of these inquiries to be answered in a full & fruitful fashion. These are the same sort of standard qualifying info the forum regulars will seek to answer properly, or for clarification:

- What is the car? [defines paint hardness a LOT fo the time, though can vary model to model]
- What is the Color?
- Condition of area your working on:
- What is your experience level for tools and products:
- Then the most subjective of all: PERSONAL OPINION AND BIAS LEVEL toward a product line and or technique

That being said...... im most definitely not trying to discourage you, but there isnt ONE easy cover all answer for each of these questions. There are probably 10-20 threads per question you asked here and every thread could differ in a minute, but relevant way from the next. So i would highly suggest browsing the forums on a deeper level, reading up on products for specific applications and situations even, then narrowing down the top 3-5 products for each category you like. This way you have a base level of what YOU LIKE 7 WHY.... THEN you will ask specific questions for each prospective product in relevance to why you already think they may fit into your detailing arsenal.

This is just my opinion, but has served me well as a means to seek out specific info in many different subjects throughout my life.

And i realize that you may have asked here for starting points, but you may find yourself more confused. Whereas, if you started researching waxes then discovered there are two types and what each type is for. Then you narrowed it down to you liked synthetic for x reason, then id say asking this but add a little more qualifying info to your question.. such as, what isthe best synthetic wax for a car that is ALWAYS parked outside near the beach. .. that way you supply much more info for ppl to give you

:cheers:

Bill1234
07-23-2013, 09:04 AM
for a wheel cleaner , you need to buy in bulk. I would buy zep citrus degreaser apc. Easy to use and does a good job

Regency
07-23-2013, 10:47 AM
Unfortunately, like every answer in poker, the same logic can be applied to detailing:

Every answer is situationally dependent. Therefore, a minimum amount of info is necessary for most of these inquiries to be answered in a full & fruitful fashion. These are the same sort of standard qualifying info the forum regulars will seek to answer properly, or for clarification:

- What is the car? [defines paint hardness a LOT fo the time, though can vary model to model]
- What is the Color?
- Condition of area your working on:
- What is your experience level for tools and products:
- Then the most subjective of all: PERSONAL OPINION AND BIAS LEVEL toward a product line and or technique

That being said...... im most definitely not trying to discourage you, but there isnt ONE easy cover all answer for each of these questions. There are probably 10-20 threads per question you asked here and every thread could differ in a minute, but relevant way from the next. So i would highly suggest browsing the forums on a deeper level, reading up on products for specific applications and situations even, then narrowing down the top 3-5 products for each category you like. This way you have a base level of what YOU LIKE 7 WHY.... THEN you will ask specific questions for each prospective product in relevance to why you already think they may fit into your detailing arsenal.

This is just my opinion, but has served me well as a means to seek out specific info in many different subjects throughout my life.

And i realize that you may have asked here for starting points, but you may find yourself more confused. Whereas, if you started researching waxes then discovered there are two types and what each type is for. Then you narrowed it down to you liked synthetic for x reason, then id say asking this but add a little more qualifying info to your question.. such as, what isthe best synthetic wax for a car that is ALWAYS parked outside near the beach. .. that way you supply much more info for ppl to give you

:cheers:
Thanks man. I'm pretty experienced as is just looking to take it to the next level. Was basically just asking for a general list of each category.

Regency
07-23-2013, 10:47 AM
for a wheel cleaner , you need to buy in bulk. I would buy zep citrus degreaser apc. Easy to use and does a good job
I'm way too full on wheel cleaners right now thanks though man.