PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy 5 new products. Your experience/recommendations welcomed!

CleanFlow
07-22-2013, 11:02 PM
I do a lot of research here on AG, but three hours later (three less hours of sleep) I hate myself for wasting so much time. Rather than pick apart every post in existence, I thought I might as well just ask and get to bed.

Nanoskin Towel: Claying is the primary thing I don't like about detailing. Is the nanoskin towel/mitt worth it? If so, which one do you prefer for semi-cheap and how many should I buy?

Carpet Extractor: I don't really need anything that heats water or has special bells and whistles. Heck, I don't even care about a clean water reservoir. All I need is something that sucks (literally) like crazy to get out whatever I put into seats and carpets. Suction is everything.

Quick Detailer: Nothing bothers me more than claying a car. A close second is a quick detailer that leaves streaks. I use a lot of detailer, so I'm looking for a product that I can possibly dilute from concentrate that is cheap, I can use for clay lube, and doesn't streak. Looking primarily for quantity here so I don't have to use water for claying. Can't fathom paying so much for detailer that I use so quickly.

Carpet Brush: I need something that's gentle enough for soaked seats, but firm enough for carpet. Preferably with a lot of oomph. I read somewhere that they have a carpet brush attachment for a DA Polisher (I own the 7424xp). Curious on your experiences there.

Pumice Stone/Rubber Brush: I have multiple family members that throw their dirty dogs in the car without thinking a second thing about it because they know they'll get the $20 friends and family interior discount. UGH! Your experiences and recommendations for pet hair products will be greatly appreciated. Your wisdom on how to not get screwed over by your family members would be a plus as well haha.

Thanks a lot for your help!

ihaveacamaro
07-22-2013, 11:07 PM
Nanoskin: Go with the sponge set for $25. Cheap and works amazing.

Detailer: Go with UWW+. Best value and wonderful performance. It won't let you down.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aroUx-HLTAs]Nanoskin Autoscrub Speedy Prep Sponge Fine Grade Review - YouTube[/video]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL1GvN_fwME]Review: Ultima Waterless Wash Plus Concentrate - YouTube[/video]

lunchboxmunchy
07-23-2013, 01:31 AM
I have a Mytee S300 Hot Water Extractor. It's incredible! Especially if you add some Meg's APC into the tank. It was the best $400 that i've spent on AG so far. IMO.
Mytee S-300 Tempo Carpet & Upholstery Extractor, carpet cleaning machine (http://www.autogeek.net/mytee-s-300-tempo-carpet-extractor.html)

CleanFlow
07-27-2013, 10:17 AM
So far:

I purchased two nanoskin sponges, a medium and a fine
My friend bought Zaino Z6 QD that he is letting me mooch
I purchased a rubber pet hair brush through amazon
I'll pass for now on the da carpet brush til I truly find one I like
Currently saving up for the Bissell Spot Clean Pro

Christopher.Brown
07-27-2013, 12:25 PM
So far:

I purchased two nanoskin sponges, a medium and a fine
My friend bought Zaino Z6 QD that he is letting me mooch
I purchased a rubber pet hair brush through amazon
I'll pass for now on the da carpet brush til I truly find one I like
Currently saving up for the Bissell Spot Clean Pro

thats a good start.... when using the nano medium sponge do a SMALL test area... its pretty aggressive and can mar the paint pretty easily..... im pretty confident the fine will end up being your go to sponge

:props: