PDA

View Full Version : SUN AND HOT SURFACE QDer?????

Pages : [1] 2

BILL
06-06-2007, 05:09 PM
Is there such a QDer out there that you can use in the sun on a hot surface.....????:confused:

ScottB
06-06-2007, 07:06 PM
In Florida we have alot of direct sunlight and heat ... some of the best are Z8, Fk425, and even Liquid Glass did pretty well. Poorboys Spray/Gloss is hit or miss. With a damp car in sunlight it works very well, on a dry vehicle is dries quite quickly.

tod071
06-07-2007, 01:55 AM
Just picked up CG Spray Wax that supposed to lengthen existing wax protection. Says to apply on a MF then wipe on hot car.

Does this apply to other QDs?

BILL
06-07-2007, 07:39 AM
In Florida we have alot of direct sunlight and heat ... some of the best are Z8, Fk425, and even Liquid Glass did pretty well. Poorboys Spray/Gloss is hit or miss. With a damp car in sunlight it works very well, on a dry vehicle is dries quite quickly.

GREAT..just happen to have FK 425......:cheers:

Al-53
06-07-2007, 08:04 AM
FK 425 does not do good on hot surfaces or sun..it even says on the bottle..avoid using in direct sunlight and use on cool surfaces....I used 425 and it does streak on hot surfaces....

it dries very fast on heated surfaces...I have not seen many QD's that do good on hot surfaces....not warm but hot...like over 125 degrees...

read your bottle....

AL

BILL
06-07-2007, 08:20 AM
FK 425 does not do good on hot surfaces or sun..it even says on the bottle..avoid using in direct sunlight and use on cool surfaces....I used 425 and it does streak on hot surfaces....

it dries very fast on heated surfaces...I have not seen many QD's that do good on hot surfaces....not warm but hot...like over 125 degrees...

read your bottle....

AL

Thanks Al.;) ......still will look for that ELUSIVE QDer .......:cheers:

Al-53
06-07-2007, 08:35 AM
Thanks Al.;) ......still will look for that ELUSIVE QDer .......:cheers:

Bill...I am in the shop and I looked at my bottle of a QD...
CG's Extreme Slick Synthetic -Acrylic Polymer Detailer (Anti-Static)

I have not used it yet...but it does say..designed to perform even in hot, humid climates without streaking, cloudiness or hazy patches...

So this may be one ....but again..hot climate and hot paint is 2 different animals

AL

Surfer
06-07-2007, 09:59 AM
All my qd'ers from FCS, FK425, Spray and Gloss etc streak if used directly in the sun on a hot surface (on dry vehicle, never used any on a wet one). If anything my Megs QD'er (regular red bottle) streaks the least in the sun and hot surface. As long as I'm not directly in the sun, it can be 100 degrees and I don't have issues.

BILL
06-07-2007, 04:54 PM
Bill...I am in the shop and I looked at my bottle of a QD...
CG's Extreme Slick Synthetic -Acrylic Polymer Detailer (Anti-Static)

I have not used it yet...but it does say..designed to perform even in hot, humid climates without streaking, cloudiness or hazy patches...

So this may be one ....but again..hot climate and hot paint is 2 different animals

AL

Hot climate yes......and as you said hot paint is another animal......not to mention in the SUN..yet..........:o

Thanks Al.....:)

Bence
06-07-2007, 05:50 PM
Try to spritz your towel and not the paint.

BILL
06-07-2007, 06:00 PM
Try to spritz your towel and not the paint.

Good idea.......Thanks:)

BILL
06-09-2007, 07:42 AM
Good idea.......Thanks:)

Tried it out in the hot sun and heat...works well thanks again...;)

Bence
06-09-2007, 06:51 PM
Okay, you're welcome!!! :D

Al-53
06-09-2007, 06:56 PM
do you still get the lube effect from spraying just the towel as much as spraying paint....also if you have lite dust on the car the QD is suppose to sorta coat the dust so no mariing..if I am correct....

AL

dengood1
06-09-2007, 07:30 PM
I thought all Poorboys products were sun friendly, designed to use in the "Florida Sun".

Quote from right here at AG:

"It’s seldom that the staff and myself get too excited about a new product, but, funny, we all seemed to be rooting for Poorboy’s to do well--like an underdog. Here’s what sold us on it. Down here in South Florida, detailing usually requires garage or warehouse space to escape the hot sun. Most products rebel against direct sunlight and your application is foiled. Not Poorboy’s. Just like Steve (of Poorboy’s) claimed, it absolutely does love the sun. Perfect! The last phase of testing had us all out in the grass and parking lot in the mid-day Florida sun using Poorboy’s and having a blast. Welcome to the family, Poorboy’s!"