PDA

View Full Version : Zymol and Sealant

RandyD
07-22-2013, 02:24 PM
I just put Menzerna powerlock on my car. Can I top it with zymol. Zymol is always saying you need to use their HD Cleanse before applying their waxes. Anyone have success with any zymol waxes on top of a sealant? I always had the feeling that HD Cleanse was just a marketing thing but maybe I'm wrong.

Dimetera413
07-22-2013, 02:31 PM
You don't have to use hd cleanse. Marketing sure is great, isn't it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Radarryan
07-22-2013, 04:22 PM
Trust me, before I discovered AG and AGO I used HD Cleanse every time I put Zymol on for fear of not having it bond correctly.

You'll be fine without it (which reminds me, I have a full HD Cleanse bottle somewhere).

swanicyouth
07-22-2013, 04:47 PM
I've used Glasur over PL and its a good combo. You just need to use something to clean the paint prior to changing LSPs (assuming not polishing), HD Cleanse is not mandatory.

I don't know if I would just bump it off as "marketing", as you don't expect Zymol to recommend P21S' paint cleaner, do you? Of course they are going to recommend something to clean the paint - their own product.

But, there is no "magic chemical" in HD Cleanse that is mandatory in making Glasur work. Glasur (like most Zymol's Glazes) is a pretty simple product with high quality limited ingredients that gives great results. You can use it to top a sealant, glaze, or bare paint - getting great results anyway.

I don't think you will run into a problem with Zymol's glazes not playing nice with other manufacturers' products.

ScottB
07-22-2013, 05:31 PM
You will be fine .... are you going to use Concours or Ital ???

RandyD
07-22-2013, 05:38 PM
Thanks for your help guys.

RandyD
07-22-2013, 05:40 PM
I have samples of both Concours and Titanium.

feslope
07-22-2013, 05:41 PM
HD Cleanse is brutal to use.

Dimetera413
07-22-2013, 07:47 PM
I've used Glasur over PL and its a good combo. You just need to use something to clean the paint prior to changing LSPs (assuming not polishing), HD Cleanse is not mandatory.

I don't know if I would just bump it off as "marketing", as you don't expect Zymol to recommend P21S' paint cleaner, do you? Of course they are going to recommend something to clean the paint - their own product.

Point taken but they make it sound like if you don't cleanse the paint every time you use an LSP it won't perform correctly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Prophizee
07-22-2013, 09:58 PM
I bought the zymol id wax a year ago and they gave me the hd clense for free. I will assure I used the the wax after using 205 and it bonded perfectly no problem. On a side the id wax looked and worked amazingly. Was the first wax I used that you had to apply by hand. ( sorry for the thread jack)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AG Online

ChrisJ
07-23-2013, 08:24 AM
I have never used HD cleanse but always top a sealant with zymol glasur with no issues