PDA

View Full Version : What to do with rain drops?

b0b
07-21-2013, 10:18 PM
I sure do love how the car beads but what do you guys do about the sitting water once the car is in your garage and it's going to rain the rest of the night?

Tried searching but limited to my phone and don't want to wait till tomorrow if I don't have to. Thanks in advance everyone!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

bootstrap
07-21-2013, 10:28 PM
Well, my car lives outside, but I just make sure to keep up on my LSPs so that any rain that dries won't etch, and leaves as little residue as possible.

Christopher.Brown
07-21-2013, 10:31 PM
I sure do love how the car beads but what do you guys do about the sitting water once the car is in your garage and it's going to rain the rest of the night?

Tried searching but limited to my phone and don't want to wait till tomorrow if I don't have to. Thanks in advance everyone!

get some QD and a MF towel and do a 2-3 min wipedown to remove any possible avid in rain or anything kicked up from newly wet roads etc...

or if more ambitious a quick WW

b0b
07-21-2013, 10:32 PM
Cool, it has a coat of WGDGS 3.0 and MaxWax that was put on about a month ago. I figured that would be enough to protect it but it's a garage queen so it doesn't see too much rain at all. Thanks for the info :thumbup:

michelliot
07-23-2013, 07:31 AM
you could always move to Palm Springs...Not too much avid rain there.

Sounds like your finish is well protected for now.....Enjoy

elliot

My one car garage is so filled with detailing paraphernalia that there's no room for my car.

07gtcs
07-23-2013, 11:36 AM
Depends how bad it is. Use a QD with your drying towel to wipe down or if real bad, mix up a Rinseless wash, wash the car.....then dry. I did the later with my garage queen when caught in a rain shower.

EvolutionDetail
07-23-2013, 12:10 PM
Regardless what protection you have
U will get waterspots here and there no matter what

My truck have gtechniq c1 and Exo v2 and I still see a few dots here and there after I wash it. And a simple towel + QD didn't remove it.

But it is a white truck and I had to use a led light to locate it. Other color will be more noticeable. These waterspots are easily removed with just 1 pass on a foam pad with a finishing polish