PDA

View Full Version : The possibly grim future of "Just Half A Test"

Pages : [1] 2 3

ihaveacamaro
07-21-2013, 10:29 AM
Hey guys,

As some of you know, I'm moving away from my current location :)

As fun as moving is, this presents an issue with the future of the "just half a test" video series.

I will no longer have access to my gfs car (black nissan altima) and my car is unsuitable for the test because I have vinyl stripes and hood vents in the little paint left.

So that leaves me with two questions:

1) Should I continue even though I no longer have the same test car?

2) If yes to the above question, what if the car changes ie for one episode it's a certain car and then for the next episode it's a different car?

Me personally, in the interest of keeping everything fair, I don't think it would be right to continue.

What do you think?

jgg85234
07-21-2013, 11:18 AM
You keep buying stuff to do the videos. Seems like the one accessory you need is either another car, or more paint on yours :idea:

Seriously, you are testing products, not cars. If you find cars to use for the videos, and you're still enjoying doing the videos, why not continue?

Jim

hernandez.art13
07-21-2013, 11:32 AM
This is my plan (anyone is free to use it btw)

I am planning on buying a cosmetically neglected car and detailing the heck out of it. Then just give it away (for the most part, if I bought it or $1,500. I'd sell it for cost of materials plus the $1,500)

Solely for educational purposes.

This is long in the future and most likely won't video tape it.

This would be a great thing for you to attempt Roshan. (But when buying a used car, one always has to be cautious)

Your videos are always great and whether you do or don't continue making them.

Thank You for them
Art

cleanmycorolla
07-21-2013, 11:43 AM
^ so he should buy a car to do review, then give it away? Positive use of money indeed! :)

Roshan, I think any contributions you can make are appreciated. Video or not, it's nice having your valued input so whatever the outcome it's your presence that is what matters to most!

HateSwirls
07-21-2013, 12:02 PM

I am planning on buying a cosmetically neglected car and detailing the heck out of it. Then just give it away (for the most part, if I bought it or $1,500. I'd sell it for cost of materials plus the $1,500)

This would be a great thing for you to attempt Roshan. (But when buying a used car, one always has to be cautious)

Thank You for them
Art

Great idea.
I was thinking of buying a hood to work on with different products or just do samples in my neighbor hood cars white they're sleeping:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AG Online

01GreyStangGT
07-21-2013, 12:10 PM
When you make friends at your new college, I'm sure one of them would let you use their car.

FUNX650
07-21-2013, 12:10 PM
Hi Roshan...

Why discontinue?

-Won't the GF ever be visiting you while you're away to College?

-Don't you believe that there surely will be other black Nissan Altimas on/off Campus?

-Being that you'll be the: "New Detailing Sheriff in Town":
Why not exhibit your good community-citizenship by taking leadership in perhaps forming a new:
interesting-gendership friendship, (whose ownership of their black Nissan-Altima-Mothership), may lead to courtship.
However...
If your GF would decide to take an airship to pay an unexpected visitation-trip...
Plan on meeting her at the landing-strip to assure that if she would have a firm handgrip on a horse-whip http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/whip.gif
that you, in turn, will have adequate evidence of your Saintship. http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/drivesaint00.gif
No sense having to endure a hardship---Contact your Deanship for further "details".

Just a couple of well-intended thoughts that I wanted to share. http://www.dooya.schildersmilies.de/trust_me.gif (???)

Your AGO Forum Friend,

Bob

hernandez.art13
07-21-2013, 12:20 PM
Great idea.
I was thinking of buying a hood to work on with different products or just do samples in my neighbor hood cars white they're sleeping:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AG Online

Haha while they sleep might work, to bad your not in LA we can start a "Quick In N Out Detail" just got hungry for In N Out lol, heard you guys don't have that out there?

(They can see us by day and never at night) :D

I also want to purchase a couple of auto body parts from a Junkyard to experiment on.

hernandez.art13
07-21-2013, 12:26 PM
^ so he should buy a car to do review, then give it away? Positive use of money indeed! :)

Roshan, I think any contributions you can make are appreciated. Video or not, it's nice having your valued input so whatever the outcome it's your presence that is what matters to most!

Education in the long run is something that you should not put a price on.

Plus why keep on working on his sweet Camaro?

ihaveacamaro
07-21-2013, 12:46 PM
I am dropping detailing as a business, so I won't have any client cars to be testing.

However, maybe I can make a friend who would let me use their car in exchange for maybe a quick rinseless?

I think maybe that could work, but idk if it will be an altima anymore. Guess not everything can be the same.

Thank you guys for the support, hopefully all will work out!

goldendodo19
07-21-2013, 12:51 PM
The wax is the same if it's applied to a Kia or a Bentley. I don't think it should matter what car you use.

ihaveacamaro
07-21-2013, 12:54 PM
The wax is the same if it's applied to a Kia or a Bentley. I don't think it should matter what car you use.

what I'm talking about in terms of fairness is that I will be comparing the beading and more particularly the sheeting on a hood of another car t?hat won't have the same slope as my original car. Do you think that's fair? I guess if a lsp is good at sheeting, it will be good regardless of the hood right

hernandez.art13
07-21-2013, 01:13 PM

What about longevity?

ihaveacamaro
07-21-2013, 01:20 PM
What about longevity?

Well I don't test that out anyways so shouldn't matter, but if the prep and the environment odd exactly the same durability should be the same too

ArkayoDeetayo
07-21-2013, 01:40 PM

Thank You for them
Art
Alot of questions, produce a lot of answeres. Which will equal a lot of knowlede. 1+1=2
-Art

so many wrong things with this post...I don't know where to start

I don't think Roshan has the time to buy a used car, and waste 40+ hours detailing it, and not get anything out of it...but that was a very good idea on your part, its not like there are any detailing videos out there that show neglected paint that has been polished to perfection

his videos are great whether he makes them or doesn't make them...so if he doesn't make something, how can it be great?

lastly, your signature is ironic... "Alot of questions, produce a lot of answeres. Which will equal a lot of knowlede. 1+1=2" ... if you are talking about knowlede, wouldn't it make sense to know how to spell knowledge when talking about knowledge? there's two other things wrong with your signature but I won't bother, the last time I corrected someone, some mod thought that was worthy of a ban, go figure