PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: DetailKitty

Eric@CherryOnTop
07-21-2013, 09:41 AM
Hi, can you elaborate a little bit about the detailing day you hosted for your car club? I didn't want to hijack the other thread but that sounds like a good idea I can try to hopefully wrangle up some business from my local car clubs. Thanks!

-Eric

Sent from my Transformer using AG Online

Christopher.Brown
07-23-2013, 08:02 AM
maybe you should copy the web addresss of this thread and send it to her in a PM????

make sure to utilize the link feature when sendintgthe private message though to make it simple.

:dblthumb2:

DetailKitty
07-26-2013, 09:14 AM
Eric,
PM sent to you.

But basically I organized it on our forum. Admin set up an RSVP for it. If you are looking to detail cars, it would be best to have people assigned time slots.

For mine, it was a "you wash your own car" and I help/offer tips.
I also sell Prima, so I peddled some of my goods at the same time :D

Also, an after detail BBQ was had... food is a good draw :hungry:

Eric@CherryOnTop
07-26-2013, 09:18 AM
Thanks Monica for getting back to me on this. This seems like a really great idea for mustering up business. I feel like getting people interested in detailing, especially when they maintain their own car, is a really hard sell. It's hard to convince people that even though their car looks great from how they maintain it, that spending money to make it look that much better is worth it. Getting them to your "shop" is really the first step, the "foot in the door" if you will to gaining that person's trust and getting them as a client.

Did you end up with any sales from the event?

DetailKitty
07-26-2013, 09:23 AM
I think doing some "mobile" stuff may help you get them to your shop if you don't host it at your shop. If you can get them to your shop that's even better.

Put together a list of services for that event and prices.
And talk to the club president about it... I offer a club discount on my products, so they almost exclusively buy them through me. I'm a face they know and will buy from.

Yes, I did sell stuff... didn't have enough inventory which is the story of my life :rolleyes:

Setec Astronomy
07-26-2013, 09:24 AM
Thanks Monica for getting back to me on this. This seems like a really great idea for mustering up business.

The master at this was Gary (turbomangt). If you look up his threads at the 3D forum he had some great ideas. He sold his business and retired IIRC, but he was the king of the car club sell and the local business show raffle.