PDA

View Full Version : Who had used Duragloss "Track Claw" sealant?

Shortspark
07-21-2013, 06:10 AM
I have been reading up a little on Track Claw, Duragloss' sealant made especially for track cars. It is packaged a bit funky but some of the reviews I have read speak highly of it in terms of looks and slickness. It is also suppose to be one of the few sealants that can be topped over caranuba (according to Jerry at Duragloss). If this is true it is a huge benefit.

Although this product is advertised as a polish, I think it has only a little cleaning ability and is a true LSP (from what I have read). The look is suppose to also be a bit slicker than Duragloss 105 and rivals 111, and this look is enhanced further when used in conjunction with their bonding agent (601). The main attributes I have read about besides the ability to use over wax are durability (six months), unmatched slickness and high levels of gloss and shine - what more do you want? Well, it seems there is more. They claim Track Claw is so slick it will actually reduce lap times and this is why it is targeted to racers and track day cars. The coating is also suppose to repel tar and dirt better than anything out there.

All these claims seem a bit much to me and I am suspicious of most products that make them. However, I have been a Duragloss user for many years and believe in them. So, I'm wondering if anyone here at AG has actually tried this product?

ski2
07-21-2013, 07:14 AM
This is from a post in 2007 by someone who does testing for DG after speaking with a person at DG---

"LOL...I was just talking on this product today....I was sent a bottle to try from DG..its a flouropolymer...like teflon....its super slick..but not as durable as 105..he said maybe 3 months tops...also said no gain over using that instead of 105....I asked about it to see any advantage using it on the lower part of the truck during the winter to have it slicker to have dirt and salt wash off with a rinse during cold weather...he said it may work..never tried it like that....said the Marine 501 would be better as it has salt inhibitors in it for corrosion prevention..and it lasts as long as 105....501 is very slick also...

PS...I was told Track claw is widely used in Nascar ..the biggest buyers of the product...."

yakky
07-21-2013, 07:19 AM
That's the beauty of Duragloss, ask them the same question three times, get three different answers.

Setec Astronomy
07-21-2013, 07:45 AM
Although this product is advertised as a polish, I think it has only a little cleaning ability and is a true LSP (from what I have read).

DG, like Zaino (hmm...), call all their LSP's "polishes". I guess in a generic sense a "polish" is something you use to make something shiny, so technically their use is not "wrong".

That's the beauty of Duragloss, ask them the same question three times, get three different answers.

Yep, lol.