PDA

View Full Version : 3" Griot's Garage

lunchboxmunchy
07-20-2013, 07:40 PM
Hey Geeks. I am considering purchasing a 3" Griot's Garage. I already have a Porter Cable 7424XP that I am using 5" and 6" backing plates on. Would you guys recommend using a 4" pad on 3" Griot's? I am not finding any good 3" pads. Thanks!
Feed back please

Marc08EX
07-20-2013, 07:50 PM
You can using 3" or 4" pads on your Griot's Garage 3" polisher. Either way will work.

If you want 3" pads, here are some of your options:
1. Griot's Garage 3 Inch Mini Red Wax Pad, Griots Red Buffing Pad, Foam Wax Pad, Griots Garage foam pads, orbital buffer pads (http://www.autogeek.net/griots-foam-wax-pad.html)
2. Griot's Garage 3 Inch Orange Polishing Foam Pad, foam polishing pad, Griots foam pads, orbital polishing pads (http://www.autogeek.net/griots-orange-polishing-pad.html)
**They wouldn't call it a 3" polisher if Griot's didn't sell 3" pads right?
3. Lake Country Hydro-Tech 3 x 1.25 Inch Foam Pads, hydrotech buffing pads, polishing pads, spot buffs (http://www.autogeek.net/lake-country-hydro-tech-3-x-1-25-inch-foam-pads.html)

DogRescuer
07-20-2013, 07:51 PM
Hey Geeks. I am considering purchasing a 3" Griot's Garage. I already have a Porter Cable 7424XP that I am using 5" and 6" backing plates on. Would you guys recommend using a 4" pad on 3" Griot's? I am not finding any good 3" pads. Thanks!
Feed back please
When I bought my GG I bought a 3" BPwith 3.5" pads.

poweraid
07-20-2013, 07:54 PM
I have a gg3 along with some 3" ht pads , I have never used it yet . I just keep my gg6 with a 3.5 bp and use 4" pads . but maybe u just need the smaller unit for some of your needs ?

Calendyr
07-20-2013, 08:00 PM
I just purchased the 3" GG and I regret it. I did not notice when I made the purchase but that thing is not Dual Action... it's a random orbital polisher. So for removing defects I am sure it will suck big time. The reason I purchased it was to be able to work small areas more easilly but it seems to me it will be completelly useless for anything other than applying waxes.

Rmd
07-20-2013, 08:07 PM
I was going to ask the same question as poweraid. A 3.5 backplate with 4" pads is an excellent option on a PC.
Actually I think the 7424XP is much better suited to 4" pads (with 3.5 bp) and 5.5 pads (with your 5" bp) than running a 6" backplate with 6.5 pads on it, presuming thats what you're doing now.

DogRescuer
07-20-2013, 08:09 PM
I have a gg3 along with some 3" ht pads , I have never used it yet . I just keep my gg6 with a 3.5 bp and use 4" pads . but maybe u just need the smaller unit for some of your needs ?
Hey sir do you want to selll you small GG?

lunchboxmunchy
07-20-2013, 08:14 PM
I haven't had my PC for very long. Just got it in the mail yesterday. I purchased a 6" plate with some pads. I have yet to use them. If the PC works great with 3" pads, then I wont worry about purchasing a Griot's.

TundraPower
07-20-2013, 08:30 PM
I absolutely LOVE my GG 3" with red pads for applying waxes and sealants. You just can't get any better for thin and even coverage.

MarkD51
07-20-2013, 08:43 PM
I just purchased the 3" GG and I regret it. I did not notice when I made the purchase but that thing is not Dual Action... it's a random orbital polisher. So for removing defects I am sure it will suck big time. The reason I purchased it was to be able to work small areas more easilly but it seems to me it will be completelly useless for anything other than applying waxes.

I've got one, and have used it a few times. I agree with some others that for polishing, speed 6 is pretty much a requisite.
Mark