PDA

View Full Version : Input on my website.. Still tinkering with it.

astrogus
07-20-2013, 04:39 PM
Let me know what you guys think, all suggestions are appreciated. Thanks all!

TG Mobile Auto Detailing (http://www.tgmobiledetailing.com)

Flash Gordon
07-20-2013, 07:07 PM
That color needs to be changed to something more soothing. I honestly didn't even bother reading the content. Bright orange is a strain on the eyeball

Change the color to sky blue and lets see what it looks like

Flash Gordon
07-20-2013, 07:11 PM
Your prices are incredibly low

Calendyr
07-20-2013, 08:09 PM
There are a lot of things I liked about your website so I will concentrate on the things I would personally change...

First, I hate the color. It's a personnal thing but I don't think that color works at all.

In your top picture, the phone number doesn't stand out enough from the car. Maybe you should use a different color than that of the car or use a bigger outline so it creates a separation.

Rest seems ok.

Just one question though, I was looking at your packages and price list... do you actually make any money doing this or is it just a hobby? I can't imagine doing a paint correction for 100$, it would cost me almost that much in products. And going to a client's site to do a 15$ wash seems a serious waste of my time. So I am really curious how you make that work.

Christopher.Brown
07-20-2013, 08:12 PM
:iagree: with the two previous 2 postings,

Definitely the coloring makes you want to lose focus quickly and the images are low res and not sharp at all

plus youre using only the middle 60% of screen.... and it looks like a basic domain template you modified...

I would suggest you start researching http and then you will be able to start with small modifications and when yore more comfortable with code change the larger aspects...

im sure a quick internet query would turn up countless results

dont get me wrong its a good start.. but you dont want potentials turned away at the start from coloring and small formatting and ease of usage issues. Youd rather them browse for 5-10 min then form an opinion :)
there are many websites and books dedicated to this......

rustytruck
07-22-2013, 06:38 PM
Only made it to the first box of text. Red and blue text is horrible.

scottdevine
07-22-2013, 07:00 PM
change the red font, change the blockiness of the white font, the before and after are great, the other photos are fine. i didn't read a lot on the site because i didn't want to figure anything out (what the white letters said, and the red was impossible to read (for me)...i wouldn't have used your services because it was an effort for me to figure out the pricing, and what other customers wrote about you. great start, good luck!

stiffdogg06
07-22-2013, 09:23 PM
Are all of those your photos? I think I've seen the headlight restoration photos of the civic a few times before...

Flash Gordon
07-23-2013, 07:49 AM
It's amazing what a change of color can do :props:

I still think you offer to many packages. I would drop package 1 and 2 and double the prices on the rest

Christopher.Brown
07-23-2013, 07:58 AM
its definitely better but that red on the first 1/3 of the top is too contrasty and screams at my eyes to, "adjust ADJUST DAMMIT"

BUT they cant....

the rule of thumb for dark background have a lighter/softer background.. this is why the white woks so well...

ON lighter backgrounds have deeper colors.

So i think if you soften that red it may work but the red seems to be amiss in the scheme with that blue background.. but it seems to work ok at the red logo on white at the top... from my perspective

Flash Gordon
07-23-2013, 08:03 AM
I thought the same thing about the red writing FWIW

$25 for headlights? $20 for engines? Will you be applying for non-profit status?

zmcgovern45
07-23-2013, 08:11 AM
Dustin said: May 12th, 2013 2:17 pm
Todd is one of the best retailers I have ever used. I have a very expensive sports car and I was hesitant to let anyone touch it but me. TGs attention to detail and respect of the vehicle is incredible. I would highly recommend using TG for your auto detailvneeds of any kind

^Should that be "detailers" instead of "retailers"

I agree that it seems your pricing is quite low, but if it works for you, then it is up to you whether or not you want to change it.