PDA

View Full Version : RMG Application Question

Pages : [1] 2

Islander
06-06-2007, 12:51 PM
Once you've cleaned your paint ( I've used XMT 2 followedby XMT 1 with great results) whats the best method to apply Red Moose Glaze:
Which pad, what speed on PC, amount of RMG on pad, how long do you work the product, what size section do you do....?

Once your wax stops beading say after a month or so, will a re-application of RMG take offthe remaining wax?

Thanx for the help!

trlblazer3
06-06-2007, 01:15 PM
I'm still in the learning phase with glazes also, but I'll share my experiences. I've used a grey LC CCS pad with great results. I'm still experimenting on which speed provides the best results, I've used 4 and 5. To help prevent the pad absorbing too much product, I'll apply a small line of glaze directly on the paint and spread onto a 2x2 section. The pads seem to really absorb the glaze if applied directly to the pad IME.

supercharged
06-06-2007, 01:54 PM
Once you've cleaned your paint ( I've used XMT 2 followedby XMT 1 with great results) whats the best method to apply Red Moose Glaze:
Which pad, what speed on PC, amount of RMG on pad, how long do you work the product, what size section do you do....?

Once your wax stops beading say after a month or so, will a re-application of RMG take offthe remaining wax?

Thanx for the help!
If you are using LC pads, go ahead and apply it with a grey pad. E2K pads - white. This will really "jewel" your paint.

Islander
06-06-2007, 03:49 PM
The trick is I used 2 different pads as I was not thrilled with the results of the 1st one. Changing of the pads made little difference. 1st pad was CCS grey and then I tried a wolfgang blue on another section of the car. The RMG did not improve the look / depth of the paint at all (2006 Black Azera)

I know the product is great, but my process needs improving. So far I've been told that not only did I use too much product ( a 1/8" ring agound most of the pad), I am not working it in enough (as I have wiped off a haze, rather than having the product go clear).

This newbie appreciates all thoughts & advice.

ScottB
06-06-2007, 07:07 PM
you might wanna try the VMG by hand or mix the two and use machine with finishing pad and slower speed (3).

Reddwarf
06-06-2007, 09:49 PM
I had good results using a grey pad. See my post from a while back:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/4926-clearkote-moose-souveran.html

richy
06-06-2007, 09:59 PM
I just started using RMG myself a few weeks ago. I tried both using a pad which I found took a long time to work in and also I tried applying it by hand with a MF applicator and when it hazed up, I removed it with a polishing pad which gave it a good shine. That, in fariness, was using a cheap pad. I want to try it again with my lc pad to see the difference. It did shine well with the hand application though. Just my $.02

Islander
06-06-2007, 10:05 PM
Do you like my hat?

I do like that hat, I like that party hat! ~PD Eastman~

Thanx for the advice, your Jag has the look I'm after. If you don't mind me asking, how much RMG did you put on the pad per pannel? At what speed did you apply it and for how long did you work it in?

Thx.

Z06-Goose
06-06-2007, 10:42 PM
I like RMG especially on black. I too have noticed my pad absorbing too much product
Thanks for the tip!
As for speed, and pads, I use either a Black LC Pad, or my Sonus Blue Pad. I apply it on my PC at 4.5 with no problems. I work it in small sections at a time until is gone real thin, then remove. Sometimes I let it haze a bit, sometimes I go WOWO

ron231
06-06-2007, 11:57 PM
I have great results with a blue pad working it in until its almost dry, but keep in mind, it is not abrasive, you do not need to work it like you do with a polish.

Also, when I use abrasives I use a VERY small amount, whereas when I use RMG I use a little bit more.

Islander
06-24-2007, 01:44 PM
Thanx for all the replies & great suggestions!:awesome:

Did the car over again yesterday (RMG & Victoria Red Concours Wax), although I did not use the XMT 2 or 1 as most of the swirls were removed a couple of weeks ago with these. They are all Great Products!

Here are the pics.:Picture:

brig2221
06-24-2007, 05:00 PM
I have heard great things about this product line, specifically the Red Moose Glaze. I own a black car and can't wait to try it out.

I found out via another board how to make "Pink Moose". That is combine half and half, a bottle of Vanilla Moose with Red Moose Glaze to get tremendous results. I am looking forward to trying this out.

Reddwarf
06-24-2007, 05:37 PM
Islander,

Your car looks great! It looks like the RMG gave it a very deep wet look. I love it!

ron231
06-24-2007, 06:27 PM
That look is coming from the victoria too, that stuff is great. It is my new go-to beauty wax.

Islander
06-24-2007, 08:13 PM
The Victoria Wax certainly adds the wet - deep look. Thank you so much for your original recommendation of the Victria Red Wax along with the RMG!:cheers: The XMT products really set the paint up well & removed most of the swirls & RMG & Victoria Red Really made the paint jump. I'll put another coat of wax on mid-week.

Truth be told, I think it looks a bit bettter in pics than real life, but she looks much better without the dealer installed swirls!