PDA

View Full Version : Detail Fest 2014 Suggestions

Pages : [1] 2

Meghan
07-20-2013, 07:08 AM
As we are preparing for another awesome Detail Fest we love to have your input on what you would like to see this year.
Please reply in this post on things that you think might make Detail Fest a better experience for you!:buffing:

Brace1
07-20-2013, 12:50 PM
Every year continues to be more amazing. Hands-on workshops/demo's are great. Also, the food trucks were awesome.

BigBrad
07-30-2013, 08:03 PM
Outside air conditioning!! Lol

Shane731
07-31-2013, 02:58 AM
Danny Koker!

Klasse Act
07-31-2013, 06:23 AM
Move it to the Chicagoland area during the spring, lots to do here afterwards....pizza, Italian beef and Mexican food, for starters! Lots of car clubs (old and new) and a change of scenery, just sayin'.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

Flash Gordon
07-31-2013, 07:38 PM
Start the party on Wednesday

Flash Gordon
07-31-2013, 07:39 PM
Have Carnival rides and a Freak Show or three ...

Klasse Act
07-31-2013, 08:36 PM
I'm sure some of members resemble this remark, LOL!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

DaytonaJae
08-14-2013, 03:14 PM
This will be my third year attending.

With so many people staying at the hotel perhaps some sort of evening social should be done on Friday night as well, in terms of some free finger foods, and soda/beer?

What about some product giveaways/raffles at the hotel on Saturday night's social? That would keep the party going after the first day. A pot of wax, a buffer, a MF towel set, whatever you feel like.

BigBrad
09-21-2013, 12:59 AM
This will be my third year attending.

With so many people staying at the hotel perhaps some sort of evening social should be done on Friday night as well, in terms of some free finger foods, and soda/beer?

What about some product giveaways/raffles at the hotel on Saturday night's social? That would keep the party going after the first day. A pot of wax, a buffer, a MF towel set, whatever you feel like.

We normally have a get together/gathering Friday night at the hotel.

mc2hill
10-05-2013, 09:56 PM
How about a class on taking pictures of your work? Specifically taking indoor 'before' and 'after' shots. How to use the lights to get the best picture etc. Also maybe some tips on taking outdoor shots too.

addysdaddy
10-06-2013, 06:36 AM
Classes that are geared more for the moderate to advanced users. I attended two different classes last year and though very good, definitely had a beginners orientation. Seems to me that a large percentage of the attendees would fall into that "advanced" category.

Jaretr1
10-17-2013, 10:27 AM
A few ideas:

1. An outdoor demo tent that the vendors can schedule throughout the day to showcase or demo their products (kinda like the show car garage but outside).

2. Refocus the car show judging criteria to be more "detail" focused and advertise it as such.

3. Maybe have some sort of detail or paint polishing competition, maybe even between vendors to showcase their products or just attendees to have fun and showcase their skills (there are more than enough swirled out rental cars that could be used for this).

Bunky
10-17-2013, 11:39 AM
For food, like the BBQ - pulled pork, chicken.

Mean SS
11-11-2013, 02:57 PM
Really need a spot for choice cars . Or cars that were made over in the show car garage !