PDA

View Full Version : Detail Fest 2014 Suggestions

Pages : 1 [2]

DaytonaJae
12-10-2013, 11:07 AM
Last year, I was happy to see a table with some of your MF towels on display, but it only had a few samples available to touch and feel.

Perhaps this year you can have a table with one of every towel and (wash mitt) you carry?

Bunky
12-10-2013, 11:41 AM
Last year, I was happy to see a table with some of your MF towels on display, but it only had a few samples available to touch and feel.

Perhaps this year you can have a table with one of every towel and (wash mitt) you carry?

To help offset the cost or provide an incentive, maybe the samples can then be one or more of the raffle prizes.

Mike Moore
12-26-2013, 04:49 PM
How about a class on taking pictures of your work? Specifically taking indoor 'before' and 'after' shots.
How to use the lights to get the best picture etc. Also maybe some tips on taking outdoor shots too.

As well as everything else...I like that idea...I'd be willing to bet that AG has a very top notch photographer (and video guy - hint) that would be outstanding in that category.

Some how to: highlight swirls, holograms and 50/50 for photography etc. How to: capture the finished product, correct angles, best lighting for depth, shine and reflections etc.

pikiki
12-26-2013, 06:42 PM
A few ideas:

1. An outdoor demo tent that the vendors can schedule throughout the day to showcase or demo their products (kinda like the show car garage but outside).

2. Refocus the car show judging criteria to be more "detail" focused and advertise it as such.

3. Maybe have some sort of detail or paint polishing competition, maybe even between vendors to showcase their products or just attendees to have fun and showcase their skills (there are more than enough swirled out rental cars that could be used for this).

:iagree:
I like this ideas....Plus some correction class or something for the less experience doing this type of job to be able to clear doubts and learn some techniques in this topic.

swanicyouth
12-26-2013, 08:04 PM
Someone should teach people how to correct glass. Maybe a class or demo or something.

preet16
12-26-2013, 08:40 PM
Agreed with the glass. Also something on bug removal maybe?

DetailKitty
12-29-2013, 05:57 PM
+1 on the glass correction.

DaytonaJae
02-24-2014, 10:39 AM
I would like to see a selection of brushes and wash mitts on display besides just the Daytona Speedmasters if at all possible.