PDA

View Full Version : BlackfireTotal Polish & Seal & Fuzion

RBJR
07-20-2013, 01:52 AM
Greetings All:

Here is my project. I have a dark green metallic paint finish. Very deep in color with ton's of flake. It's been sitting for a while (3months) in the garage with a car cover over it. Been to busy with work, house and raising a year old grand child to drive the car and have to set aside the time to clean it.

Taking care of the car is my little get away so I decided this weekend to remove the car cover, wipe it down and hit the road. After removing the cover I noticed some scratches, light as they may be in a few areas. My goal is to remove the scratches with what I'm hoping is a simple process and still maintain the shine.

Paint is other wise in very good condition. Someone suggested using Blackfire Total Polish & Seal and top it off with Fuzion. I am looking for an approach that can be applied by hand, remove/cover up the the light scratches and make the flake pop.

Your thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ray

wdmaccord
07-20-2013, 01:54 PM
Greetings All:

Here is my project. I have a dark green metallic paint finish. Very deep in color with ton's of flake. It's been sitting for a while (3months) in the garage with a car cover over it. Been to busy with work, house and raising a year old grand child to drive the car and have to set aside the time to clean it.

Taking care of the car is my little get away so I decided this weekend to remove the car cover, wipe it down and hit the road. After removing the cover I noticed some scratches, light as they may be in a few areas. My goal is to remove the scratches with what I'm hoping is a simple process and still maintain the shine.

Paint is other wise in very good condition. Someone suggested using Blackfire Total Polish & Seal and top it off with Fuzion. I am looking for an approach that can be applied by hand, remove/cover up the the light scratches and make the flake pop.

Your thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ray

You can apply TPnS by hand. Use very little and work it in by hand until you can't see it. Try it on a white LC hand applicator. If that doesn't remove the scratches, try it on an orange LC hand applicator. If that still doesn't do it, I would try Meguiars Ultimate Compound on the orange hand applicator. If that does the trick, then TPnS on top of that with the white hand applicator. I haven't used Fuzion but assume that is some type of sealant? I use Blackfire Crystal Seal as my sealant and it seems to be pretty durable so far.