PDA

View Full Version : 02 Mustang light scratches...

Gho5t5niper
07-19-2013, 11:26 PM
Hey I'm totally new to this all but I'm really interested to learn new things! Thought I was pretty good at detailing until I read some things on this form! I'm just a noob haha! Anyways, I have a 02 Mustang GT and I treat this thing like my baby, but it still has light scratches especially on the hood of the car! Hood looks good from a distance but once in sunlight, the scratches stand out. I've tried things from clay barring, polishing with meguires polish (pic below) and waxing. Thought the polishing would help but it didn't do too much. Maybe because I did it by hand? Tried scratch X 2.0 and swirl X with little success. Help me guys? Thanks!1991419915199161991719918

Christopher.Brown
07-20-2013, 10:12 AM
its pretty hard to tell from those pictures, but perhaps the scratches you think are light are indeed much deeper....

Polishing by hand can also yield VERY good results, it just has to be done correctly. I say this because often times there are portions of a car that a da or rotary cannot reach, therefore they MUST be done by hand

what method are you using?

can you post better pix for all to see? Its hard to comment on it blind, so to speak

c8n
07-20-2013, 10:34 AM
If doing this by hand, you need some elbow grease. To level paint, you should not apply M205 as you would with wax. Technique is very important when applying by hand. You have to evenly distribute pressure on your pad.

Gho5t5niper
07-20-2013, 12:41 PM
I will try and post some better pics when I get off work thanks!