PDA

View Full Version : Help With clear bra

Newdetailer1
07-19-2013, 07:20 PM
I have a customer with a 2010 Lotus evora. Its has a factory clear bra on the bumper/hood, mirrors and along the lower sides of the car. There are a ton of swirls on the hood part of the bra. I know after I'm done correcting the hood I know the bra part of the hood will really stick out like a sore thumb. I believe the bra is made by 3M. I've heard that some stuff will make the bra look cloudy. What do you guys think?

Flash Gordon
07-19-2013, 07:25 PM
I think you should polish it along with the rest of the car

Evan.J
07-19-2013, 07:26 PM
Here you go:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/61256-machine-polishing-3m-paint-protection-film-clear-bra.html

Bob offers great suggestions in this thread

Newdetailer1
07-19-2013, 07:33 PM
Here you go:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/61256-machine-polishing-3m-paint-protection-film-clear-bra.html

Bob offers great suggestions in this thread

Thanks for the link, but that only looks like cleaners and sealants? I could try some menz SF or scratch X on a green or white pad?

Evan.J
07-19-2013, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the link, but that only looks like cleaners and sealants? I could try some menz SF or scratch X on a green or white pad?

Yes, you can try those they should work. Just be sure to not generate too much heat and cause any warping in the clear bra.

As always tape of the edges so to not get any polish in the cracks.

Newdetailer1
07-19-2013, 07:41 PM
Yes, you can try those they should work. Just be sure to not generate too much heat and cause any warping in the clear bra.

As always tape of the edges so to not get any polish in the cracks.

Thanks, I'll tape everything off. I just wanted to see what others have had success with?

swanicyouth
07-19-2013, 08:07 PM
I was pretty scared to go at my clear bra with anything abrasive. But I figured you only live once. I used Prima Amigo and LC CCS gray pads for 2 slow passes on a GG6 speed 4. . While it wasn't swirled, it did seem to clean it up.

I used to fear abrasive plus clear bra was instant death, but that's not the case. I would use a fine polish and a finishing pad and go slow.

FUNX650
07-20-2013, 05:25 AM
Thanks for the link, but that only looks like cleaners and sealants?

You didn't read close enough...
There was this "polishing-link" contained therein:

EDIT:
Found it!! In this thread...Post #5
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/47256-clear-bra-correction.html

:)

Bob

BobbyG
07-20-2013, 05:39 AM
I've used Menzerna SF4000 with a white pad and with zero issues....:props:

Newdetailer1
07-20-2013, 06:33 AM
You didn't read close enough...
There was this "polishing-link" contained therein:

Bob

I've been known to do that sometimes. Thanks for pointing that out.

I've used Menzerna SF4000 with a white pad and with zero issues....:props:

Cool Bobby. Its nice to be able to use stuff I already have. Thanks

FUNX650
07-20-2013, 06:56 AM
Its nice to be able to use stuff I already have.
Please keep us apprised on your polishing results.
Thanks.

Bob

Newdetailer1
07-20-2013, 06:26 PM
Please keep us apprised on your polishing results.
Thanks.

Bob

Will do. I'm going to try a really small spot on the rear bumper or something? I won't be doing the lotus till the fall so it will be a little. I the the customer was more worried about the bra turning yellow or start to haze as a result of polishing. Could I seal it with my fuzion?

Wes Bremec
07-20-2013, 07:36 PM
I had great results this winter doing a clear bra correction on a porsche targa. I used white flat pad and wg finish glaze or essentially menz 4000. I pulled almost all swirls out:) I would not suggest a compound or a harsh pad on a clear bra.