PDA

View Full Version : Newbie - A Little Product Help Please

Rocket Jockey
06-06-2007, 10:27 AM
Hi Detailing Gurus,
I need a little help putting together my first order on AG. I am going to buy the PC 7424 but beyond that I am clueless, except for everything I have already read here....lots of knowledge.

I will start by telling you what is currently in the garage, a pearl white Lexus, a black Explorer, a red Saturn (kids car), and my favorite, a black Harley Road Glide. The paint on the Lexus is in great condition, the Explorer, has swirls common with black paint, the Saturn has swirls and surface scrathes, the Harley has the swirls common with black paint.

I want as good a shine as I can get with minimal work. Not lazy just very busy. For pads, I am looking at the Edge starter kit unless someone has a better option. I am looking at the XMT #3 and 360 or the Menzerna SIP and 106. I know I will give up some shine for longevity but again, the time thing has me leaning toward a sealant rather than a wax. I already have Meguirs NXT paste and that seems to hold up pretty well. For the Harley I would be more willing to go with whatever will give the ultimate shine.

Along with your recommendation on what product please tell me what pad to use as well......told you I was a newbie.

Based on that, what do you guys suggest? I appreciate your help and sharing your knowledge on what has to be the most common newbie question.

Thanks,
RJ

Grimm
06-06-2007, 11:12 AM
Don't rule out wax for durability. Collinite 845 is a very underrated wax that will give you several months protection with a good look.

sparkie
06-06-2007, 02:36 PM
Looks like some great stuff there. You can always use the search and put in Review. That will link you to products that members has used and give their thoughts.
Don't forget about the Duragloss line. A lot of bang for the buck!!!!

Mike T
06-06-2007, 02:47 PM
Looks like some great stuff there. You can always use the search and put in Review. That will link you to products that members has used and give their thoughts.
Don't forget about the Duragloss line. A lot of bang for the buck!!!!
:iagree:

Truls
06-06-2007, 02:53 PM
XMT eries is great with the DA/PC

DuraGloss 101/105 still impress me each time i use them, they are easy on/off, protects and looks goooood. Ad in the DG aquawax and your set.

Some Pinnacle Liquid Souveran + Crystal mist is also among my WOW products.

Remember too keep those swirls away, and also invest in som desent washing tools:

GritGuard
Poorboys ss&s
ShMitt w/y
ShMitt black for wheels
EZ wheel brush
Guzzler

Not exactly what you asked for, but anyway....

Remember pics;)

Rocket Jockey
06-06-2007, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the replies so far. I forgot to ask for opinions on a quick detailing product for between waxings.

Thanks,
RJ

Rocket Jockey
06-07-2007, 11:25 AM
OK, here is my new cart.....please let me know if this is a good exterior detailing solution for the cars in my garage (listed in first post):

Menzarna SIP PO83Q (correct for my vehicles?)
Menzarna Nano Polish PO106 (Is this stuff worth $50?)
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant (High gloss and longevity?)
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant
Duragloss AW
White/yellow ShMITT
Pads - Edge Dual Action Starter Kit
Edge Foam Pad Conditioning Brush
PC 7424

Is there something better? Anything I am missing? I am anxious to get my order placed.

Thanks again for the help,
RJ

supercharged
06-07-2007, 12:24 PM
OK, here is my new cart.....please let me know if this is a good exterior detailing solution for the cars in my garage (listed in first post):

Menzarna SIP PO83Q (correct for my vehicles?)
Menzarna Nano Polish PO106 (Is this stuff worth $50?)
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant (High gloss and longevity?)
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant
Duragloss AW
White/yellow ShMITT
Pads - Edge Dual Action Starter Kit
Edge Foam Pad Conditioning Brush
PC 7424

Is there something better? Anything I am missing? I am anxious to get my order placed.

Thanks again for the help,
RJ
PO106FF is worth $50. just don't use it on each and every vehicle. Save it for very hard clearcoats as a finishing polish.
As far as Wolfgang DGPS, if you are looking for the best looks from a sealant - then get Wolfgang. Don't expect to last it very long. Around 3 months. If you want better durability, then get some Duragloss #105.