PDA

View Full Version : Pre-soak product

Mercedes350
07-19-2013, 05:14 PM
Like a waterless wash?

PiPUK
07-19-2013, 06:50 PM
No. Presoak/prewash products are generically designed to be rinsed off. As such, they contain any number of possible ingredients which will leave residues if not rinsed adequately. They are also not specifically intended to give adequate lubrication for dragging dirt over the surface, so if you don't rinse the dirt, wiping with a cloth has the potential to cause damage.

All that said and done, not everyone is quite as worried about all of this as I am and I have seen some people using prewash products this way. Not sure whether their monthly machine polishing sessions speak well for the approach!

cleanmycorolla
07-19-2013, 06:53 PM
I have no idea what that other dude is saying. But for presoaks for any wash I do, I use UWW+ ;)

inDetail
07-19-2013, 08:10 PM
I usually pre soak with a mix of Dawn and CG citrus wash and gloss.( 2 ounces of each makes it nice an slick) Load it into my Miracle Gro homemade pre soak sprayer let it sit for 5 or 10 minutes and remove via power washer. Sheet some water and dry with leaf blower and compressed air to avoid any water spots. The I do a 2BM starting with the wehhels first.