PDA

View Full Version : CG V7: A Second Look

Pages : [1] 2

ComradeGrumbles
07-18-2013, 08:42 PM
Ello again everybody! I'm back again with my second look at V7. Quite a while ago I did a brief review on Blacklight and I believe I also mentioned V7 in that as well. Here I'll be taking a very different look at V7, probably in a way that isn't done often here.

Note: My camera isn't exactly in working condition, so I will be posting pictures asap. I couldn't wait to write this review though, so here we go anyways!

---------------------------------------------------------------

A Second Look at V7...

I must admit that I haven't used V7 too often on my car these days. Oh, what irony. I've found quite a few other uses for V7 that have really surprised me, some of which I would like to cover here in this review.

The first thing that really showed me that V7 has uses outside the garage is when I had an issue with grimy keyboards at work. I work in IT while I'm not taking classes, so this is a usual problem for me. I decided to try V7 on a keyboard, just for the heck of it. Boom, I discovered keyboards that resist grime and feel much cleaner overall. Even though my camera isn't working, I don't think pictures would help much here. A keyboard can't really become glossy per say, but you really need to try this one anyways!

The next use I found for V7 was on the lenses of my Oakleys. When a friend of mine suggested this, I was skeptical at first. I gave it a try anyways, only to find that it turned out extremely well. Let me tell you, the "hydrophobic" coating that most Oakleys are shipped with doesn't actually do much. After V7 though, a little rain doesn't bother my shades one bit! I used V7 on the arms as well to make it easier to clean sweat off of them after a rough day in the sun. This is yet another V7 trick to put in the books. :xyxthumbs:

The last use that I would like to cover here is to use V7 metals and aluminum. My own personal use is to put V7 on my Macbook Pro. Now, I'm not here to discuss Mac vs PC in any respect, but I will say that this aluminum really looks nice with a coat of V7 on it! Of course, there are probably a few spray sealants out there that can do this, but this review is all V7. This I would like to get you a picture of because it really does look great!

Rather than the laptop having a flat aluminum look, it develops a slight metallic look. It really is cool, with the added benefit of keeping the aluminum very slick and clean.

All in all, I would like to conclude that V7 is a great product on a car, as well as in the home. I've only listed 3 of the top uses I keep V7 for, but there are many more.

Pros:
Use it on anything, but you know that already!
Slick on most surfaces
Good beading properties on sunglass lenses
Nice scent

Cons:
Price
Limited cleaning ability (Then again, it's a spray sealant)

I hope you found some new uses for your V7 through this review. Let me know in a reply if you have any other good uses for V7 in the home, I'd like to hear more!

- ComradeGrumbles

custmsprty
07-18-2013, 09:14 PM
It's not pricey if you buy it by the gallon.

cleanmycorolla
07-18-2013, 10:16 PM
It's not pricey if you buy it by the gallon.

Indeed.

silverfox
07-18-2013, 11:12 PM
We use it in our IT dept to clean keyboards and mice which frankly are filthier than any car could ever be...so it tells me it had some serious cleaning ability. Even harsh chemicals like simple green wont clean a keyboard like V7 will.

So its not just a sealant, but who's not surprised that a CG product does something it's not advertised to be capable of?

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
07-19-2013, 07:04 AM
Agreed. V7 has more uses than just paint use.

cleanmycorolla
07-19-2013, 12:26 PM
We use it in our IT dept to clean keyboards and mice which frankly are filthier than any car could ever be...so it tells me it had some serious cleaning ability. Even harsh chemicals like simple green wont clean a keyboard like V7 will.

So its not just a sealant, but who's not surprised that a CG product does something it's not advertised to be capable of?

Its noted thats its a super QD, its says on the bottle it will clean bird bombs, light dirt dust etc. Its not that surprising. I've always used V7 with the thought it's not a sealant rather a super QD, and super indeed! :xyxthumbs:

JSou
07-19-2013, 12:47 PM
Well alright, as a systems administrator for the IT dept here at the company I work for...looks like I will be buying a gallon under the company's account for "cleaning/maintenance purposes"

Thanks for the insight everyone.

yakky
07-19-2013, 01:08 PM
IMO it looks ok, but it is certainly not worthy of any hype. Aquawax looks better if you like the sealant look, or OCW if you like the waxy look.

cleanmycorolla
07-19-2013, 03:44 PM
IMO it looks ok, but it is certainly not worthy of any hype. Aquawax looks better if you like the sealant look, or OCW if you like the waxy look.

Those can't be used as QD's this can, apples and oranges.

ComradeGrumbles
07-19-2013, 09:21 PM
Well alright, as a systems administrator for the IT dept here at the company I work for...looks like I will be buying a gallon under the company's account for "cleaning/maintenance purposes"

Thanks for the insight everyone.

This idea I like a lot. =D

otruba_843
07-21-2013, 04:50 PM

I am pretty sure Aquawax has crazy hype on here too and I wasn't crazy impressed although most products that have hype are mediocre. I do like the ease of use V7 has to offer.

Christopher.Brown
07-21-2013, 07:02 PM
V7 for the shine and slick factor

D156 for durability, ease of use, and versatility.

Soon I will be toying with mixing a small batch of primarily D156 with a ratio of 8 or 10:1 D156:V7.. to try and be greedy and get that slickness with durability.

:laughing:

yakky
07-22-2013, 10:15 AM
Those can't be used as QD's this can, apples and oranges.

Fair enough, UWW+ can, and is as slick as V7, more glossy as well.

Ray@Autogeek
07-22-2013, 10:17 AM

Good to see I'm not the only one who details my keyboard/mouse regularly. I have a mechanical keyboard too so every once in awhile I remove each individual key cap to get behind the keys.

Christopher.Brown
07-23-2013, 09:01 AM
i just posted this another thread, but it was kind of off topic.. then i remembered this post so i am inserting here:

In the current test im conducting, V7 has lost half of its initial effectiveness in, i kid you not, 4 day after initial application.

My car is a DD, parked outside... 12 miles from the Pacific...with a caveat that there is a road i travel for 1/2 a mine to and from work that is being torn up to be repaved.. so there is excess dust. However, after one wash, i found the slickness and that shine pop to have diminished half of what it was upon initial application and then curing into day two, when its said to be best.