PDA

View Full Version : Duragloss PC-No.2 Q's

blue oval
06-06-2007, 12:46 AM
I believe I may have caused some confusion with my previous post concerning Duragloss and my wanting to remove the old sealant/wax off my truck. After an overview of the thread, I realized the mistake. My apologies.

I have not applied the Duragloss as of yet. What you were looking at in the previous post/picture, applied is NXT and S100, which I want to remove and re-apply using Duragloss.

A forum member recommended that I use the 101 polish and cleaner, which is fine. However, I have none of the 101 on hand at this time. What I do have is the Pre Cleaner PC-#2. Would it be alright if I used the #2 instead of the 101? Or, would it (still) be better to use the 101. I do have unfounded concerns of cross contamination.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/rustyzipper/IMG_9737.jpg

Al-53
06-06-2007, 06:12 AM
The pre cleaner will remove every thing on the paint...use a lite polishing pad with it since it does have micro abrasives..it does finish out nice..then go to 105 right after....

Actually the NXT looked good on the truck....the 105 will look great on it....

so yes..the PC-2 will clean it and take out some lite swirls....nice stuff for lite stuff....

AL

blue oval
06-06-2007, 12:48 PM
Thank you Al...I had a feeling you would know.

If you notice in the picture the NXT/S100 combo was done pretty early on in the spring. Meaning: Some of the the trees don't quite have all their foliage--time [now] to renew.

I've since then, found out about Duragloss and have used it on a couple of other cars--before making a decision to use it on my own truck. Obviously, I really like Duragloss, but am unfamiliar with it's stripping, cleaning characteristics, always starting from scratch using Duragloss. Also using Dawn as a stripper just seemed like I would be using a bazooka to kill mosquito's in this instance.

What are the differences (if any) between the 101 VS. the 105? I don't have any trouble getting the 101 with a Carquest in my back yard. I just couldn't understand making another purchase if not needed while I have the 105 on hand. I've never used the 101.

Kudos.

Al-53
06-06-2007, 01:10 PM
The 101 is a strong cleaner type sealant...sorta like AIO...but a stronger cleaner....it has some micro abrasives also...so it does burnish the finish to a nice gloss...and leaves a sealant also behind which has a nice glossy wet look.......it leaves a nice base for 105 or any sealant to bond to....

the 101 and 105 combo is nice...but 101 is not needed if you do not want to use it..it just adds a little more UMPH to the DG system....

If you maintain the DG shine with DG products it will last a lot longer..they all work together....I go all winter with DG on and still looks great come spring.,...

Al

Truls
06-06-2007, 01:27 PM
I realy like the cleaning that the 101 do, removes a lot of "hidden" dirt from the paint.

Washed a car twice, clayed it good and went on it with the DG101 and white pad, the pad was dark brown at the end.

You may not need it, but its sure cleans great and look good.

sparkie
06-06-2007, 02:49 PM
:iagree: with them.
By the way nice truck and love the reflection. Nice chrome door handles.

blue oval
06-07-2007, 01:07 AM
Thank you all very much for the compliments on my truck. As you know, black is a PITA with continual and constant care for a daily driver. I think the Duragloss system should help in many ways, lessen the maintenance to a certain degree. I like to fish. :p

One other question.....Do you fellas tape off the vinyl trim and plastic using Duragloss products? Will it stain the trim and rubber seals? I know the Aquawax won't, but I wasn't sure about the other polishes. Cars I've already done using Duragloss simply had no vinyl trim pieces to contend with. My truck, unfortunately, has oodles.

Peace.

sparkie
06-07-2007, 04:51 AM
I've never seen any stains from Duragloss on trim. I been playing with #101 and 360 on trim and rubber. So far it's looking good.

Al-53
06-07-2007, 07:21 AM
Never had any stains form DG products...I clean everything with 101...glass ..chrome...trim..window rubbers....no stains yet...

AL

blue oval
06-07-2007, 09:35 AM
Never had any stains form DG products...I clean everything with 101...glass ..chrome...trim..window rubbers....no stains yet...

That's great!! Duragloss should be called an be all, end all, shine product. :D

>>>I been playing with #101 and 360 on trim and rubber. So far it's looking good.<<<

OK Sparkie.......tell me more.

Thanks again for your time fellas.