PDA

View Full Version : What is the "best" coating

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Rick72
01-06-2015, 06:32 PM
My car is coated and I love it. I really think it has more to do with the installer and the maintenance by the owner.

Rick72
01-06-2015, 06:36 PM
We have been extremely happy with Gyeon products,found them to be easy to use and provide outstanding resistance to fine scratching. I noticed a dramatic increase in the depth of shine on my black challenger over the coating were using before. So much so that I have had clients ask me what made the difference in the way my car now looks!

This comment makes me want to recoat my car Mike! :props:

XJL
01-08-2015, 01:10 PM
Duragloss Clear Coat is excellent

Do you mean this:
Duragloss Enviroshield Ceramic Coating System

mankool
01-21-2016, 02:52 AM
interesting thread ... subscribed!

Hoytman
01-21-2016, 11:30 AM
While I haven't yet used any coatings, but do have Opti-Guard at my disposal, the more I use a certain bran of non-coating lsp's the more I want to throw every other lsp I have in the trash.

None of the many lsp's I have seem to make a vehicle's paint pop as much as this one brand of products, polished paint or not.

I've used the M's and one with a 3...I've even used plenty of the big "C" brand touted on this and many other forums.

This one product I didn't start using this brand lsp until after joining this forum. It's soap gives the best shine I've seen...even taking neglect and non-polished paint to a higher gloss level. Their lsp's have blown me away in the shine department and durability is 2nd to none.

I have no ties what-so-ever with this company either.

DURAGLOSS!!! Nuff said!!!

RippyD
02-01-2016, 05:39 PM
New here - hope these aren't obvious questions: what prep is requied to apply Opti-coat, Duragloss, and others to an existing to coat? Do you need to polish, or does it depend on the condition? Can one brand of coating be applied over another, or are you limited to one brand once you use it?

GSKR
02-01-2016, 06:00 PM
:iagree:
I think coatings are a bit over rated. Yes they have somewhat better durability than other methods of protecting paint (I can get almost a year out of a $10 bottle of DG 105), but in my opinion protection (or lack thereof) is not what causes paint to get all messed up.

It's scratches and swirls and I have yet to see anybody prove that a coating helps to prevent the very thing that causes all the headaches in the first place. Nobody polishes paint because their wax only lasts a month. They polish paint to remove defects caused by poor washing and drying techniques primarily. :iagree:

I've used several coatings and they scratch just as easy as non coatings do. So for me the only reason I see to use them is because it saves time by not needing to have to apply a wax or sealant more than once a year.

However unless you figure out how to prevent the scratches and swirls that are usually self induced a coating is a waste of money because you will be polishing it off long before it needs to be replaced.

GSKR
02-01-2016, 06:05 PM
Putting a coating on your rims helps a lot from getting dirty quickly and easier to clean. I'm not a coating guy unless it becomes a project like a large or small plane or rv, boats I hate doing period.