PDA

View Full Version : Help choosing my 2nd Polisher

pablito
07-18-2013, 01:55 PM
Hi guys, im new to this forum, my name is Pablo and im from Argentina.
Im actually an amateur detailer and looking forward to take this as a serious job.
I own a PC7424xp, it has been my first polisher and I really like it.
Next week Im travelling to the US and thats like my big and only opportunity to get one of the machines you've got over there for a really good price. The flex, rupes, milwaukee, and makita polishers are almost impossible to get where I live, or if you manage to buy one then it would cost you a fortune.

Im looking for something with a bit more of a cutting power. I dont know if I should go for a rotary like the Milwaukee 5460 or a Makita (for what i've read, they are quite hard to handle), or maybe stick to the Dual Action Flex 3401.

I want something that wont make my PC worthless. I still want to use it for machine waxing my car or for sealant applications.

I think the Flex would work more like a replacement of the PC, while a Rotary would be more like a complement. Am I right?
What do you think?

Any feedback would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, and please excuse my poor/bad english.

DirtyBlackHoe
07-18-2013, 02:17 PM
I personally have only ever used the Flex 3401, but I LOVE it.

Mike Phillips
07-18-2013, 02:31 PM
What kind of work do you do mostly?

Production Detailing --> Daily Drivers

Show Car Detailing - Special Interest Vehicles

Since you already have a PC, if it were me I would opt for the best rotary buffer your budget will allow.

I love my Flex PE14 and reach for it first for most projects. When I need the full rotating mass of a full size rotary buffer I reach for the DeWALT 849X

DeWALT DWP849X vs Makita 9227C Rotary Buffers (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/circular-polishers-rotary-polishers-high-speed-polisher/50661-dewalt-dwp849x-vs-makita-9227c-rotary-buffers.html)

I can do everything with a PC and a RB.

:xyxthumbs:

pablito
07-18-2013, 04:10 PM
Thanks DirtyBlackHoe, and thanks Mike for the quick response!

I mostly do production detailing, for people that use their car almost everyday of the week. I do lots of maintenances, but for that I think i will stick to the PC.

The DeWalt actually is in our market and for a very good price so if its worth it, then I could buy it here. The Flex PE14 is a bit too expensive for me right now.

So I have 2 options, either I buy a makita/dewalt and keep the PC, or I sell the PC and get a Flex3401 that I'd have to use for everything.

I think the first option would be the best, let me know if you think different.

Thanks for everything, great forum btw!