PDA

View Full Version : Putting together my birthday order!

Pages : [1] 2

KJW Detailing
06-05-2007, 10:53 PM
Well i need a few more things to have just about everything i need for the time being to run a detailing business...

here are the things i am thinking about getting...

Wash Mitt - im thinking Shmitt or the new mitt cant remember name (i want one for just my car and then two for customers cars - one for paint and one for wheels)

Micro Fiber Rages - (something from cobra) (i just got the i need rags for interior, exterior, windows, and watever...i just want the right rags for every situation...

Engine Degreaser

Tire/Rim Cleaner

Window Wax or polish (something like windex but better i guess)

Wax - a second wax to go along with SSII but for solid color cars i guess

Bug/Tar Remover

Spray Wax or QD - (right now i have Pinn. Crystal Mist...not sure if this a spray wax or not)

outside of this i am not sure if i need anything else but if it comes to mind i will ask...i would like a foam gun but for the time being i will be holding off on that...

Thanks!

D
06-05-2007, 11:01 PM
You're probably thinking of the new Lake Country mitt.

Cobra blue multi purpose MF is good.

Amazing Roll Off can be used on engine bays, paint, rims, tires, wheel wells, etc.

Liquid Souveran is great.

Pooryboys Bug Squash and Pinnacle bug and tar pad are a must.

Spray wax and QD are two different things. Ive got Pinnacle Souveran spray wax and DG #921.

Jimmie
06-05-2007, 11:45 PM
Wash Mitt=ShMitt
MF's=Guzzler; Indigo's; Jr's; all purpose
Engine Degreaser=DP
Tire/Wheel Cleaner=DP Gel Cleaner
Glass=Stoners IG Spray
2nd Wax=Max Wax
Bugs=PB Bug Squash/Pinnacle Pad
SprayWax or QD= You have a good QD, Crystal Mist. Add Souveran Spray Wax.
All set for a happy B-day.

KJW Detailing
06-05-2007, 11:51 PM
i'm just trying to determine what other things i still need to get...my first order consisted of the PC, XMT 1-4 and 360. LC CCS accessory kit and two CCS green pads. SS2 and Crystal Mist. Duragloss 901 wash and Megs APC. and finally...the cobra total MF kit. I just got ClearKote Red and Vinella. So then...what else do i need?

Jimmie
06-06-2007, 12:09 AM
You've got a pretty good supply for the exterior. May be time to focus on interior stuff. All purpose cleaner, dressing, leather, carpet.

KJW Detailing
06-06-2007, 08:46 AM
like what jimmie?

bambo2888
06-06-2007, 08:49 AM
the pinnacle interior products are pretty awesome.

KJW Detailing
06-06-2007, 09:12 AM
Ok well then...let me think for a second...

I need a wash mitt (2) either Shmitt or LC mitt...

More MicroFibers...

Spray Wax...

Engine Degreaser...

Wheel Cleaner...

A product like rain-x...

Another wax outside of the SSII...

Bug and Tar Remover...

Ok so i need some suggestions on the items listed above and also lets take a look at some interior stuff...

...right now i have Megs APC and an attachment brush for my PC...so outside of those two things, what else should i be looking at as far as interior detailing goes...

thanks!

KJW Detailing
06-06-2007, 07:14 PM
can anyone help me out with interior products and tools?

D
06-06-2007, 10:56 PM
DP Total Interior Cleaner, DP Interior Protectant, Pinnacle or 4 Star leather conditioner.

Jimmie
06-06-2007, 11:11 PM
DP Total Interior Cleaner, DP Interior Protectant, Pinnacle or 4 Star leather conditioner.

:iagree: those your Megs APC and add one more-DP Plex All. I used it for the first time today on dash plastic lens and wood trim. Awesome.
That should be all that you need for now. Dilute your APC for now and add a carpet cleaner later.

Nimble
06-06-2007, 11:38 PM
You can just buy the poor boy's natural look and take care of all your vinyl, leather, plastic, convert top, etc needs. It smells good, looks good, and provides uv protection.

And if any of those surfaces need cleaning, just use woolite 8:1. cheap. effective.

For another wax, try liquid souveran, natty's blue, collinite 845, etc.

D
06-07-2007, 12:01 AM
You can just buy the poor boy's natural look and take care of all your vinyl, leather, plastic, convert top, etc needs. It smells good, looks good, and provides uv protection.

And if any of those surfaces need cleaning, just use woolite 8:1. cheap. effective.

For another wax, try liquid souveran, natty's blue, collinite 845, etc.

Yeah Poorboys natural look and DP interior protectant seem to be very similar. I love the DP interior stuff, so I havent tried anything else yet.

Gnarboots11
06-07-2007, 12:08 AM
I included the Poorboys Natural Look in my next order thanks to all of your convincing. I am in for $500 now, when will it end? This is really starting to hurt. I can't stop myself!

KJW Detailing
06-07-2007, 12:38 AM
so what do you guys use for applying or working the cleaner in?