PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Car Wax Review - Just Half A Test Episode 7

Pages : [1] 2

ihaveacamaro
07-18-2013, 10:53 AM
This video series is all about testing the beading and sheeting properties of different LSPs and bringing the results to you.

Video in link, hope you enjoy!!

Optimum Car Wax Review - Just Half A Test Episode 7 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/HkHQNopbFV0)

I made a ranking of the LSPs I tested in chronological order:

1) Wolfgang Fuzion:_______________Beading 8 Sheeting 4

2) Blackfire BlackICE:______________Beading 8.5 Sheeting 9.5

3) Adam's Americana:______________Beading 8.5 Sheeting 8.5

4) Bouncer's Capture The Rapture:___Beading 9.5 Sheeting 9

5) Poorboy's Natty Paste Wax Blue:__Beading 4 Sheeting 6.5

6) Blackfire Midnight Sun Wax:______Beading 8 Sheeting 8

7) Optimum Car Wax:______________Beading 5.5 Sheeting 7

Judge
07-18-2013, 11:23 AM
Once again, another well done review by you. I've always been a big fan of OCW

SlowWRX
07-18-2013, 11:53 AM
I thought OCW was decent it was just way to much of a dust magnet for me..I returned my gallon and replaced it with D156. I like D156 overall alot better..can be used as drying aid, can use in direct sun and doesnt collect nearly as much dust.

cleanmycorolla
07-18-2013, 01:07 PM
I like OCW, it's great for a post wash topper. I once did a one two punch of optiseal and ocw, car looked great!

Great review as always Roshan!

ihaveacamaro
07-18-2013, 01:36 PM
Once again, another well done review by you. I've always been a big fan of OCW

I like OCW, it's great for a post wash topper. I once did a one two punch of optiseal and ocw, car looked great!

Great review as always Roshan!

Thanks guys!

You know the more I use it, the more I actually dislike it.

They should have a warning before you buy: if you don't own a garage, you should not buy!

OCW is hard as all heck to apply outdoors.

ihaveacamaro
07-18-2013, 01:37 PM
I thought OCW was decent it was just way to much of a dust magnet for me..I returned my gallon and replaced it with D156. I like D156 overall alot better..can be used as drying aid, can use in direct sun and doesnt collect nearly as much dust.

I got some D156 too, I really like it :)

eff
07-18-2013, 04:46 PM
Great test...

Have you ever used Collinite #915 Marque D'Elegance? I'd be very curious as to how it stacks up against the more expense carnaubas.

ihaveacamaro
07-18-2013, 05:03 PM
Great test...

Have you ever used Collinite #915 Marque D'Elegance? I'd be very curious as to how it stacks up against the more expense carnaubas.

I have that one planned for very very soon ;)

BillyJack
07-18-2013, 08:30 PM
Thanks for another nice review video, Roshan.
Enjoy your summer and keep 'em coming!

Bill

Ace22
07-19-2013, 06:31 AM

My experience too, OCW was wonderful but attracted the dust way to much. I loved the shine tho and it lasted a decent amount of time.

yakky
07-19-2013, 01:08 PM
I love OCW, one of my top 10 detailing products. I'm using it as my only LSP on my Jeep.

rjd598
07-19-2013, 01:12 PM
Weird I thought alot of people love ocw. I just used it for the first time and it added great gloss and I actually did notice less dust attraction to the car than before. No joke here but my car is garaged

silverfox
07-19-2013, 01:49 PM
I bought one bottle of OCW. It was my last. Too finicky, streaks easily in my experience, and forget about using it under 40 degrees.

I like products that even when you mess up in the applying of it , it doesn't matter...it still gives you consistent results. I found OCW to require both technique and environmental conditions to be spot on to get acceptable results. Too much and it streaks. Too cold and it streaks. Can't use in hot sun, etc

Gloss and shine (Junkman is cringing right now) don't make the sale for me when it comes to wax. It's ease of use in every condition with consistent results every time.

yakky
07-19-2013, 02:05 PM
I bought one bottle of OCW. It was my last. Too finicky, streaks easily in my experience, and forget about using it under 40 degrees.

I like products that even when you mess up in the applying of it , it doesn't matter...it still gives you consistent results. I found OCW to require both technique and environmental conditions to be spot on to get acceptable results. Too much and it streaks. Too cold and it streaks. Can't use in hot sun, etc

Gloss and shine (Junkman is cringing right now) don't make the sale for me when it comes to wax. It's ease of use in every condition with consistent results every time.

I'm just in disbelief of that perspective. You'd rather easy use vs better results?

Do you like McDonald's better because its easier than cooking yourself a good burger?

OCW does streak if you use way too much. Simple fix, use less or water it down if you like going nuts with the sprayer.

It is the only product that long term, acts like a real wax. Everything else loses its slickness after a wash.

FUNX650
07-19-2013, 03:16 PM
This video series is all about testing the beading and sheeting
properties of different LSPs and bringing the results to you.

Thanks again, Roshan for your videos regarding:
These particular-LSP's beading & sheeting characteristics. :props:
I enjoyed all seven (7) of 'em. [Are there to be more?]

I made a ranking of the LSPs I tested in chronological order:

In your honest opinion:
-Would you prefer your LSP to be hydrophobic or hydrophilic?
-Which of these seven (7) LSP's that you tested would meet that criteria?
Thanks.

Also:
-I hope your move goes extremely well.
-And: Enjoy what's left of your Summertime before the upcoming Dental-School term begins.

NOTE:
IMHO: OCW is an excellent spray wax...
And: It has always exceeded my expectations!!

:)

Bob