PDA

View Full Version : Question about Pinnacle Gel Tire Cleaner

Less
06-05-2007, 09:46 PM
I plan on applying a carnauba LSP to my coated wheel rims. I know that many of the Over-The-Counter All-Wheel Cleaners contain acids that will remove wax.

Is there a wheel cleaner that won't strip wax? It looks like the Pinnacle Gel Tire Cleaner is one, please confirm this. Also, are there any anothers?

Reddwarf
06-05-2007, 09:50 PM
I've heard that a carnuba on the wheels will melt away from the heat. You may want to consider one of the glazes made for wheels like DP Wheel Glaze or Poorboy's wheel sealant.

I use the DP Wheel Glaze and the DP Wheel Gel cleaner with good results.

Kelso
06-05-2007, 09:59 PM
it wont strip it but i think if you use it a few times then the protection will be gone sooner than if you hadnt used a wheel cleaner at all....i use it occasionally because its a great product but if you keep the wheels clean and protected, pressure washer should remove most brake dust for the first few weeks anyways, until the wax wears off

Gnarboots11
06-05-2007, 10:13 PM
I just did my first DP Wheel Glaze to some polished aluminum wheels. It came out real nice and 3 days later I went over them with a microfiber towel to remove any collected dust. We will see how it maintains but so far after a hundred miles or so already accumulated they look as good as day 1. From what I heard you hardly have to clean after you apply the wheel glaze, you just hose them off.

bambo2888
06-05-2007, 11:24 PM
the gel wheel cleaner is nice, but it will defintely remove anything on the wheels, including the dp wheel glaze. the cleaner is designed to clean, so thats what it does, but without doing any damage.

the dp glaze, on the other hand, is a very nice product. its not the most durable when it comes to washing, but after a long trip or a week or two between washing, cleanup is a sinch and it leans a great gloss to the wheel.

i suggest both, even if one removes the other that doesnt last incredibly long.

Jimmie
06-05-2007, 11:30 PM
I've heard that a carnuba on the wheels will melt away from the heat. You may want to consider one of the glazes made for wheels like DP Wheel Glaze or Poorboy's wheel sealant.

I use the DP Wheel Glaze and the DP Wheel Gel cleaner with good results.

:iagree: and ditto on DP.

supercharged
06-05-2007, 11:36 PM
the gel wheel cleaner is nice, but it will defintely remove anything on the wheels, including the dp wheel glaze. the cleaner is designed to clean, so thats what it does, but without doing any damage.

the dp glaze, on the other hand, is a very nice product. its not the most durable when it comes to washing, but after a long trip or a week or two between washing, cleanup is a sinch and it leans a great gloss to the wheel.

i suggest both, even if one removes the other that doesnt last incredibly long.

:iagree: Just use soap and water once wheels are sealed with DP, or Poorboy's. Reapply DP monthly, PB every 3 weeks.

ScottB
06-06-2007, 07:18 PM
:iagree: Just use soap and water once wheels are sealed with DP, or Poorboy's. Reapply DP monthly, PB every 3 weeks.

I use a safe wheel cleaner (P21S) monthly, then polish and seal. Once sealed all that is needed is car soap and water for the next several weeks. Stay away from wheel cleaners as possible especially the store bought versions which contain lye and acid as cleaning base.