PDA

View Full Version : Will Optimum Power Clean work in this case?

Pages : [1] 2

dchawk81
07-18-2013, 05:25 AM
Forgive me if this doesn't belong in this section but the structure of this forum confuses me in some ways.

I'm wondering if OPC will do any good on these carpet stains and if so, how effective might it be? If not, what would I need, assuming it's not a lost cause.

These are water stains due to a leaking door. They're also quite old...at least 5 years if I had to guess and perhaps as old as 10 years.

Thanks in advance!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/18/ta6ybazu.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/18/erugepa8.jpg

Setec Astronomy
07-18-2013, 05:30 AM
It's worth a try, but you can get Folex at HD, Lowe's, Wal-Mart, Target, etc., I'd give that a try first before you order OPC.

ken tuep
07-18-2013, 06:03 AM
I agree with setec, folex is like magic in a bottle for most stains. Its also very inexpensive for what it does.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

dchawk81
07-18-2013, 06:31 AM
Awesome, thanks. This is why I asked. People praise OPC generally but I thought there might be a better product for my specific application.

I'm not a detailer by trade but rather picking up bits here and there as I browse.

dchawk81
07-18-2013, 06:32 AM
Would I need any kind of special brush or anything? I do already have a strong bristle scrubber.

Setec Astronomy
07-18-2013, 06:32 AM
I don't know that Folex will be "better" for this, but it's cheap, locally available, and works surprisingly well on a lot of stains.

The Folex instructions say to use your fingertips to massage it into the carpet, but given the area you are cleaning, you'll probably want a soft brush and some terry towels to wipe the area dry.

dchawk81
07-18-2013, 06:43 AM
Hey, cheaper is one type of better. ;-) :-D

Sounds good. I'll see what I can accomplish with it.

dchawk81
07-19-2013, 10:31 AM
Progress so far with Folex. Repeated application should get the majority, if not all, of it out. Thanks for the Folex recommendation!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/19/usejudad.jpg

Setec Astronomy
07-19-2013, 10:39 AM
Glad that worked out. I don't know if you are wiping dry, if you are using a lot you might try a wet vac to "extract".

JSou
07-19-2013, 10:55 AM
Nice job. Folex is great stuff.

dchawk81
07-19-2013, 11:12 AM
Thanks guys. It is indeed good stuff.

I did use the wet vac on the floor mats. They were embedded with grease and dirt but not this tub ring. I actually hit those with the hose to rinse too. They're not "finished" but there's a huge difference on those too.

I've been going nuts with the Folex on the carpet too but instead of dabbing I've been rubbing. It seems to lift better while also drying.

Since this is my car I can hit it regularly over time so I'm not stressing about immediate results. It's good to finally know I have a process that will work though.

You know it's good product when it has an unassuming label. :-P

cleanmycorolla
07-19-2013, 11:44 AM
If you have an interior brush handy, use that and agitate the area with folex, I've gotten some tough pet stains out that way!

dchawk81
07-19-2013, 11:46 AM
I don't have a brush specifically for interiors, but I've been agitating with moderately firm bristles. It's working well.

dchawk81
07-22-2013, 04:15 AM
I seem to have hit a wall. I managed to remove the worst of it but I seem to be making no progress on the overall stain...if that makes sense. Does anyone have suggestions? Do I need to simply keep at it like weight loss?

Setec Astronomy
07-22-2013, 05:47 AM
No, I think you need to try a different product or technique...is it rust that you are trying to remove?

A lot of people seem to use Oxy clean from the supermarket.