PDA

View Full Version : Hawaii detailers...

lunchboxmunchy
07-17-2013, 04:04 PM
Hey Geeks.
I'm just wondering if anyone is located in Hawaii. Oahu to be specific. It'd be nice to hang out with some guys/ gals that are into detailing like I am. Get some beers and wings. Talk story.

Keep Calm & Chive On

PokeFan
07-17-2013, 04:19 PM
Talk story! I miss that place so much. It's been 8 years and I want to move back so bad! I know I've seen a couple of people around here from Oahu, I'm sure they'll chime in sometime soon.

Could you do me a favor fellow Chiver?! Head out to Wailana Coffee House and order a Stack of Pancakes with a side of hash browns and pineapple spears and send me a picture so I can drool. haha That was my "lunch" almost every Saturday for 3 years!

Mike Phillips
07-17-2013, 04:35 PM
I had a Teacher for Kealakehe High School (http://khswaveriders.org/) call me yesterday, he's the Shop Teacher there and he had some questions about wetsanding a fresh single stage paint.

Never heard of Autogeek.net or AutogeekOnline.net, just got my name and number from someone.

I'm hoping he registers with the forum as well as his students. I gave him the link to some of my articles on wetsanding and using Unigrit blocks to remove runs and sags.

Was going to look into attending my upcoming detailing boot camp class.

:)

lunchboxmunchy
07-17-2013, 04:53 PM
Talk story! I miss that place so much. It's been 8 years and I want to move back so bad! I know I've seen a couple of people around here from Oahu, I'm sure they'll chime in sometime soon.

Could you do me a favor fellow Chiver?! Head out to Wailana Coffee House and order a Stack of Pancakes with a side of hash browns and pineapple spears and send me a picture so I can drool. haha That was my "lunch" almost every Saturday for 3 years!

I've been here for 5 years now. Love it! Definitely ready for the Mainland though. I feel as though the local culture is rubbing off on me. Lol. For a fellow Chiver, absolutely! I'll see if I can squeeze that in this weekend. If not then, I will for sure in the future.

Keep Calm & Chive On

lunchboxmunchy
07-17-2013, 04:54 PM
I had a Teacher for Kealakehe High School (http://khswaveriders.org/) call me yesterday, he's the Shop Teacher there and he had some questions about wetsanding a fresh single stage paint.

Never heard of Autogeek.net or AutogeekOnline.net, just got my name and number from someone.

I'm hoping he registers with the forum as well as his students. I gave him the link to some of my articles on wetsanding and using Unigrit blocks to remove runs and sags.

Was going to look into attending my upcoming detailing boot camp class.

:)

Mike, that's awesome dude. I've been begging the wife to let me register for the class.

Keep Calm & Chive On

Harry Da Hamster
07-17-2013, 05:44 PM
How's it, Lunch Box. I'm also located on Oahu. There's a small community of Hawaiians that are really into car detailing, however most detailer's here don't know jack. I was fed up with the crappy work, hence why i am into detailing now.

lunchboxmunchy
07-17-2013, 06:13 PM
How's it, Lunch Box. I'm also located on Oahu. There's a small community of Hawaiians that are really into car detailing, however most detailer's here don't know jack. I was fed up with the crappy work, hence why i am into detailing now.

Hey. How's it. I agree with the "detailers" not knowing anything out here. On top of that, they charge outrageous amounts for subpar work. Imma shoot you a PM.

Keep Calm & Chive On

07gtcs
07-18-2013, 10:54 AM
When I was out there in April I saw a ton of cars that could use your service !

PokeFan
07-18-2013, 11:46 AM
I've been here for 5 years now. Love it! Definitely ready for the Mainland though. I feel as though the local culture is rubbing off on me. Lol. For a fellow Chiver, absolutely! I'll see if I can squeeze that in this weekend. If not then, I will for sure in the future.

Keep Calm & Chive On

No doubt the culture rubs off on you. I still get a kick out of the looks I get when I let some of the local phrases slip. Especially when looking for my slippas! I can relate, I wanted so bad to be back on the mainland towards the end of my time there. It only took about 2-3 years back home to want to move back out there though. I'll make it back before long I'm sure but it won't be long enough of a visit.

Fishincricket
07-18-2013, 01:50 PM
Hawaii is my home, I've just never been there... Someday though....

Sounds like I know a good profession when I get there, concours auto detailing!!

DHCrocks
07-18-2013, 11:22 PM
head on down to Pakshak. Ranny and Ron are great guys and will be more then willing to talk to you or give you advice.

lunchboxmunchy
07-19-2013, 01:51 AM
head on down to Pakshak. Ranny and Ron are great guys and will be more then willing to talk to you or give you advice.

Hey. Thanks. You're not the first person to recommend them. I joined their forum yesterday. I'll probably make a trip down there tomorrow or this weekend.

Keep Calm & Chive On