PDA

View Full Version : Black Nissan 350 Z Question?

Z06-Goose
06-05-2007, 08:22 PM
I've got a Nissan 350 Z to do tomorrow. I looked at the paint, and I will definitely be using some clay bar
Now, the car is at the shop to have the passenger's side fender replaced/painted
They want me to polish the car out to match the new fender :eek:
So, the car has some haze, and tons of fine swirls
All I have to tackle the job is: PO85RD, PO85RD3.00, PO85RD3.02, and PO106FF. I think that should be enough to get rid of the swirls
I have a PC Kit from AG with the basic LC pads, plus Sonus SwirlBuster Orange Pad, Sonus green, and blue pads as well

How hard is the clearcoat on the 350 Z?
I'm thinking PO106FF and orange to start with, or the 3.02 which it has worked great for me
Advice please!

supercharged
06-06-2007, 12:05 AM
I've got a Nissan 350 Z to do tomorrow. I looked at the paint, and I will definitely be using some clay bar
Now, the car is at the shop to have the passenger's side fender replaced/painted
They want me to polish the car out to match the new fender :eek:
So, the car has some haze, and tons of fine swirls
All I have to tackle the job is: PO85RD, PO85RD3.00, PO85RD3.02, and PO106FF. I think that should be enough to get rid of the swirls
I have a PC Kit from AG with the basic LC pads, plus Sonus SwirlBuster Orange Pad, Sonus green, and blue pads as well

How hard is the clearcoat on the 350 Z?
I'm thinking PO106FF and orange to start with, or the 3.02 which it has worked great for me
Advice please!
Start with PO85RD (either one) and do a test spot. PO106FF is a stronger polish, and remember you wanna have your job done with a leat abbrasiive polish possible. Check your test spot, and is polish turns out not abbrasiive anough, switch to a more abbrassive polish (PO106FF0.

ScottB
06-06-2007, 07:16 PM
Nissans paint is quite soft and light ... I personally would use 85 or 106 also and a medium pad at best. Only moving forward (more abrasive) as needed.

Truls
06-06-2007, 07:19 PM
would love to get feedback on how you feel the PC + Menzerna works out.

Pics too