PDA

View Full Version : Tornador Vacuum

Pages : [1] 2

AeroCleanse
07-16-2013, 07:14 PM
Posting up a quick review of the Tornador Vacuum (http://www.autogeek.net/tornador-blastor-vacuum-attachment.html) I picked up at Autogeek recently.

The unit comes with three attachments to get it hooked up to you vacuum. I did have a little difficulty getting one of them to fit on my unit. The hose that comes with it is a push in type, although one end it already connected to a typical air compressor quick disconnect fitting.

Its best for picking up small particles, as larger items won't fit past. Comes with two nozzles a regular one and a crevice tool, they are just friction fit so you just pull them off and push them on again.

Some videos online show it using the Tornador Classic type end with the tube and weights, maybe its a new design, but mine is more like the Black edition as in it has a metal tube. This means you only need about 60 psi to run it. I'm not sure on the CFM's.

I posted a video demo on Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpNwrnrwzww).

VP Mark
07-16-2013, 07:20 PM
How do you like it on really short nap carpets like Mazda's where the dirt get ingrained in the carpet? Does it remove the need for multiple passes with a carpet brush? I've been on the fences about one of these for months and unless it helps clean really short nap cheap carpet I'm a no go.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

AeroCleanse
07-16-2013, 07:30 PM
How do you like it on really short nap carpets like Mazda's where the dirt get ingrained in the carpet? Does it remove the need for multiple passes with a carpet brush? I've been on the fences about one of these for months and unless it helps clean really short nap cheap carpet I'm a no go.

The truck on the car in the video (VW Jetta Sportwagen) has really short nap. It gets even the smallest gains of salt / sand, etc. No need for a carpet brush.

VP Mark
07-16-2013, 08:17 PM
The truck on the car in the video (VW Jetta Sportwagen) has really short nap. It gets even the smallest gains of salt / sand, etc. No need for a carpet brush.

Brilliant!! Thanks for the info.

Father87
07-16-2013, 08:37 PM
seems like you had to pass over the same spot repeatedly, anything we weren't seeing or...?

Father87
07-16-2013, 08:41 PM
and if you think those no signaling and "cut offs" are bad drivers, DO NOT EVER come to Miami to drive lol

AeroCleanse
07-16-2013, 10:06 PM
seems like you had to pass over the same spot repeatedly, anything we weren't seeing or...?

I made the video to show the use of the tool. Sometime you need to pass over an area to get something out that stuck in there, just like with a regular vacuum or brush, etc. I also like to be thorough and do a good job.

nezff
08-25-2013, 08:53 AM
Sorry to bump an older thread.

Im on the fence also between the Tornador black and tornador vacuum attachment. Im seeing the black could basically do the same thing but you would need a way to suck the dirt, sand, and grime out?

I would want something to use on seating and carpet mainly. I could use it for dashes, air vents etc.. also. I use APC+ and an air pencil tip for crevices now and it works great. I dry it up with a microfiber.

I just wonder while using the tornador, where the dirt flys to?

Logan Powers
08-28-2013, 06:03 PM
Im on the same boat as Nezff. I have 3 customers that have lots of pet hair in the carpet and in the seats.

Most of the vids or pictures show this products having the old style tip that rubs the side of the nozzle. you say it is the new "black" style with the ball bearings?

sweatthedetails
08-28-2013, 10:45 PM
I almost bought the Vac attatchment, i do own the black. Dont use the black on carpets, it just blows the dirt and sand everywhere you dont want it. As expensive as the vac attatch was i decided to just upgrade my vacuum. I bought the Metro Vac N Blo and WOW what a difference from my shop vac. Saves 30-60 minutes on my detailing.
I Loved it so much i bought the 8hp Master blaster. Sure it is designed for paint but were this baby shines is interior purging. I open all the doors/windows/ trunks/ hatches and blow everything out.
Dog hair gone! Sand gone! nooks and crannies clean?, Yes Sir. It looks like i vacumed after a 20 minute blow. I just spend about 15 minutes touching up the carpets and im ready to shampoo. Great time saver and profit maker.
If you are curious i just posted a video on my FB page showing this.

BradsDetailing
08-28-2013, 10:57 PM
Looks pretty neat. Thanks for the review

nezff
03-16-2014, 08:52 AM

Posting up a quick review of the Tornador Vacuum I picked up at Autogeek recently.

The unit comes with three attachments to get it hooked up to you vacuum. I did have a little difficulty getting one of them to fit on my unit. The hose that comes with it is a push in type, although one end it already connected to a typical air compressor quick disconnect fitting.

Its best for picking up small particles, as larger items won't fit past. Comes with two nozzles a regular one and a crevice tool, they are just friction fit so you just pull them off and push them on again.

Some videos online show it using the Tornador Classic type end with the tube and weights, maybe its a new design, but mine is more like the Black edition as in it has a metal tube. This means you only need about 60 psi to run it. I'm not sure on the CFM's.

I posted a video demo on Youtube.

Im with you on this. Ive come across some of the short nap carpets also. Honda pilots have it on the rear of the third bench seat and in the cargo spaces. Grass will actually embed itself into this carpet where I have to actually pick it out by hand and vacuum at the same time.

My biggest problem is sand. I get carpets with sand in them and you can go over the same spot multiple times and still not get it all out.

One question. How big of a air compressor do you need to run this attachment. Most people don't understand that the $179 is for the attachment, then you gotta spend more on a bigger compressor.

wcharland11
05-15-2015, 10:21 PM
I would like compressor recomendations as well.

sweatthedetails
06-15-2015, 04:04 PM
Have they discontinued this attachment? Can't seem to find it any where.

Nick McKees37
06-15-2015, 04:40 PM
Have they discontinued this attachment? Can't seem to find it any where.

They did, however expect a new and improved version to be introduced in the not too distant future. :dblthumb2: