PDA

View Full Version : interior sticker wooes

Tblshoot
07-16-2013, 03:50 PM
Hi All
I have a new Optima and it has benefited from your advise and AG's products.
I want to remove the air bag warnings from the exposed side of the sun visors.
They appear to be really adhered tightly as I cannot even get a corner started (cold)
I have not tried a heat gun to soften the adhesive because I don't know how to remove any residual if that works.
Any advise would be appreciated.

Setec Astronomy
07-16-2013, 03:53 PM
I always leave that stuff on...I think that's why you're having trouble taking them off, is they want you to leave them on. My 2 cents.

02xtreme07SS
07-16-2013, 04:01 PM
In many cases, those 'decals' are fused to the base material and you won't be able to remove them without destroying the sunvisor. Can you post some pictures?

Tblshoot
07-16-2013, 05:36 PM
19808Here are the pics.

hernandez.art13
07-16-2013, 05:42 PM
Subscribed

Evan.J
07-16-2013, 05:49 PM
It's there for a reason leave it be. It's only seen when you flip it down. More than likely its glued into the linking material.

mswerb
07-16-2013, 05:52 PM
As stated above, I'd leave them on. You'll only make a mess of things. Find a "Cool" sticker to cover them with.

Tblshoot
07-17-2013, 10:31 AM
Actually the stickers are viewed all the time, they're ou the side showing when the visors are in thier normal position.
Now if only I could get some cool Auto Geek sitckers to cover them.....

Dr_Pain
07-17-2013, 11:15 AM
By law the car manufacturer have to have those disclaimer stickers, and would be liable for any injuries (even in case of pure stupidity), if there were not forewarning. They use permanent adhesive because they don't want to be at the receiving end of a lawsuit. You may be able to remove the sticker but will have the permanency of the adhesive in the fabric as a reminder that they did their job and that "someone" altered the end product. They would be stupid if they were to use an adhesive that allowed you to remove all those stickers, leaving them exposed to major liability (in case of misuse of the end product).

My advise is leave them alone if the thought of a glued mess is worst than seeing the sticker. If you would rather see the glue mess instead of the sticker, then have at it...... and let us know!

Edse30
07-17-2013, 12:38 PM
Its weird that they are on the "showing" side. Check other cars, they may have just messed up on yours. In which case, I'm sure they'd just fix it for free.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Tblshoot
07-17-2013, 06:46 PM
Ok the stickers win!
I've checked replacement visors and they all have the same stickers on the same side.:close1:

Detailing by M
07-17-2013, 06:54 PM
Ok the stickers win!
I've checked replacement visors and they all have the same stickers on the same side.:close1:
Hum? I guess my other post didn't post
any who, If it really bothers you go to an upholstery shop and have them cover them.
It shouldn't be expensive because your just covering them.