PDA

View Full Version : TLC for black paint

Cantrellc123
07-15-2013, 08:02 PM
Hello All,
I've got a 2004 VW Phaeton that's got the black exterior paint. When it came into my possession I noticed all the swirl marks but didn't really have the knowledge to bring the paint back to life.
Being a member of the VW Vortex forum I ran across one of Mike's video's going thru the steps involved to put the paint back in 1st class condition. I liked it well enough to but the porter cable 7424HD along with everything needed from Autogeek to get the desired results. This all happened in January of this year. I got all that I ordered and before I could begin the paint restoration, work got hectic dropping this project off the radar screen.
Now I've got time to do this but I've yet to find the video that I watched and I was hoping somebody might know which video I'm referring to and guide me to it.

Thanks in advance,
Cantrell

swanicyouth
07-15-2013, 08:12 PM
There are a lot of videos that show you how to use a PC. Check out Junkmans machine polishing videos on You Tube. I hope you got 5.5" pads.

greatwhitenorth
07-15-2013, 08:34 PM
Autogeek has a YouTube channel
You will probably find the view you're looking for along with many other helpful videos.

Just search autogeek on YouTube

Cantrellc123
07-15-2013, 08:55 PM
Thanks,I'll check it out on YouTube

Cantrellc123
07-15-2013, 10:04 PM
Thanks,I'll check it out on YouTube

Thanks guys,
I found exactly what I was after!

Cantrell